Hominy.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:doublethumbsup: OK, that was REALLY REALLY good. It was cold, rainy, and dark when the old ball and chain got home, and this was a GREAT dish to have. All the prep work was done and it was simmering on the stove, so it was just a matter dishing some up, garnishing, and grabbing a cold beer. The posole was delicious--dark and hearty and hot. We might back down the chipotles just a tiny bit more next time. We're wimps. But WOW! What flavor. Then there were the garnishes. I wouldn't have thought of cabbage with something like this, and we aren't generally radish fans, but they really added to the dish. Another surprising thing was just how pretty a dish it was with the garnish. An all-around winner. Looked great, tasted great. Really spicy and flavorful to keep your mouth happy, but sits well and sastifies that "it's cold, I'm hungry and need FUEL" urge. With just the 2 of us, there are 3 more rounds sealed up and heading to the freezer (this should freeze well) and another round in the fridge for later this week--I love things like that!

We had chips & salsa on the side--I'm thinking some hot buttery cornbread next time. Amid the snorfling, slurps, and grunting, there were a lot of "this is GREATs" coming from the hubby. His comment: "You have my permission to make this again." (Translation: I LOVE this stuff. Please, please, please cook more!")

Thanks so much for posting this!

So I did a variation on this for New Years and it came out great! There were, however, a LOT of variations, so I've still got to try the original recipe. But even so, that and the mole chatino were the hits of the evening!

:doublethumbsup: OK, that was REALLY REALLY good. It was cold, rainy, and dark when the old ball and chain got home, and this was a GREAT dish to have. All the prep work was done and it was simmering on the stove, so it was just a matter dishing some up, garnishing, and grabbing a cold beer. The posole was delicious--dark and hearty and hot. We might back down the chipotles just a tiny bit more next time. We're wimps. But WOW! What flavor. Then there were the garnishes. I wouldn't have thought of cabbage with something like this, and we aren't generally radish fans, but they really added to the dish. Another surprising thing was just how pretty a dish it was with the garnish. An all-around winner. Looked great, tasted great. Really spicy and flavorful to keep your mouth happy, but sits well and sastifies that "it's cold, I'm hungry and need FUEL" urge. With just the 2 of us, there are 3 more rounds sealed up and heading to the freezer (this should freeze well) and another round in the fridge for later this week--I love things like that!

We had chips & salsa on the side--I'm thinking some hot buttery cornbread next time. Amid the snorfling, slurps, and grunting, there were a lot of "this is GREATs" coming from the hubby. His comment: "You have my permission to make this again." (Translation: I LOVE this stuff. Please, please, please cook more!")

Thanks so much for posting this!

glad the old man is happy, even more glad that momma is happy!!

So I did a variation on this for New Years and it came out great! There were, however, a LOT of variations, so I've still got to try the original recipe. But even so, that and the mole chatino were the hits of the evening!

finally!lol

Well? I'm waiting!:detective:

One year later and I finally made posole. Delicious. It was pretty spicy, I am glad I only put half a jar of chipotle. Accidently bought black refried beans instead of whole black beans. So I left them out.

Thanks again for the recipe!

2.jpg

1.jpg

I'm glad this thread got bumped up. Winter has arrived in Fl - locally defined as two consecutive days when temps plummet into the 40's. Wanted something hot, warm, and non-holiday themed. Son's posole was great!

Latest posts

Back