How old are you guys?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll just say that I remember when granite was nothing more than loose piles of minerals scattered about and leave it at that.

71 going on 72 this year - am I the oldest guy here? And you thought your grandparents didn't know how to operate a computer ;-)

Did I already post to this thread? Can't remember...

Made my first knife in '78, made my first damascus in'86, been married for 30 years, 6 kids, 6 grand kids. 1 bazillion miles, I'm 51.

Hoss

Made my first knife in '78, made my first damascus in'86, been married for 30 years, 6 kids, 6 grand kids. 1 bazillion miles, I'm 51.

Hoss

Wow Hoss! You've covered a lot of ground in those 51 years, I always thought you were older.

33. Totally one of those guys that spends money on knives that won't ever be used for work. I used spend my youth in a kitchen and in front of a butcher block to pay the bills but these days I just like sharp pointy things :)

36 and counting :) My friend turned 30 last week and I congratulated him with words "Welcome to adulthood" ... I was kidding of course. It is nowhere in sight :p

x2. Nearing 50 and I've yet to begin acting like an adult... Maybe I should make a martini in the living room when I get home from work tonight, and unwind while my wife fixes dinner?

(hmmm, there *might* be something to that whole adult thing after all...)

x2. Nearing 50 and I've yet to begin acting like an adult... Maybe I should make a martini in the living room when I get home from work tonight, and unwind while my wife fixes dinner?

(hmmm, there *might* be something to that whole adult thing after all...)

I think that's more a case of self preservation.

I may have had my first kitchen job in the 60's, but at least I still have my memory...now what was the question?

Back