HSC/// is pretty damn good

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

captaincaed

(____((__________()~~~
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
At the recommendations of Mike and Stringer, I saved up and got an HSC/// in CruWear.

This is the first knife that's impressed me along 9 out of 10 axes in a long long time. It has a great grind, killer steel (especially for a kitchen knife), and a super comfy handle. Thin to win, but not so thin that it feels delicate or fussy. Nice details too; the profile was clearly tuned up - most are a little lumpy out of the box.

It's not the thinnest, it's not the most food-releasey, but if you draw one of those radial area charts, HSC/// fills nearly the whole area. It's ready for hard work, never slows you down, edge lasts forever, sharpens on an AlOx stone, just gets sh*t done. A true pleasure.

I could say more, but I'll just let the video do the talking for me. Listen for the edge-on-pepper-skin-popping sound. There isn't one. Four weeks since sharpening, still biting, never sliding. Edge check at the end is a quick compare against other knives in the active rotation I consider “sharp” for a baseline. HSC went 4 weeks of home cooking, no touch-ups, no stropping, nothing. Used for everything, plenty of citrus and pickled veg.

You can't have this one, it's mine. But there is an exact clone on BST (and others). Just saying. Plus, it's got the three little dots.

Last edited:
Right!

I just received one of his Apex gyuto's today and this thing is pretty amazing. I don't have any experience with edge retention yet but otherwise I could be completely happy using this as my daily. Not fragile at all but still cuts incredibly well and has a great profile. His work had been on my list to check out for a while now. Definitely should of been higher on it though.

Right!

I just received one of his Apex gyuto's today and this thing is pretty amazing. I don't have any experience with edge retention yet but otherwise I could be completely happy using this as my daily. Not fragile at all but still cuts incredibly well and has a great profile. His work had been on my list to check out for a while now. Definitely should of been higher on it though.
That one you got looked perfect. Great dimensions all around

At the recommendations of Mike and Stringer, I saved up and got an HSC/// in CruWear.

This is the first knife that's impressed me along 9 out of 10 axes in a long long time. It has a great grind, killer steel (especially for a kitchen knife), and a super comfy handle. Thin to win, but not so thin that it feels delicate or fussy. Nice details too; the profile was clearly tuned up - most are a little lumpy out of the box.

It's not the thinnest, it's not the most food-releasey, but if you draw one of those radial area charts, HSC/// fills nearly the whole area. It's ready for hard work, never slows you down, edge lasts forever, sharpens on an AlOx stone, just gets sh*t done. A true pleasure.

I could say more, but I'll just let the video do the talking for me. Listen for the edge-on-pepper-skin-popping sound. There isn't one. Four weeks since sharpening, still biting, never sliding. Edge check at the is a quick compare against other knives in the drawer for a baseline. HSC went 4 weeks of home cooking, no touch-ups whatsoever. No stropping, nothing.

You can't have this one, it's mine. But there is an exact clone on BST (and others). Just saying. Plus, it's got the three little dots.

Well this has made my week!
It Was a pleasure working with you

Harbeer

I have 2. Want a 3rd.
Yeah, the want is strong, I want more too.... the last few have been really hard to pass on even though I have some.

1686896879695.png

Back