I apologize.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Couldn't the ABS start up a program for there members? Maybe join up with the Knife makers guild ?

That's a can of worms in USA circa 2011. It would be a paradigm shift for the ABS and the KMG to start doing insurance-related anything.

Six pages and no one has suggested that if we had single-payer health coverage one of the most esteemed knife makers in this country wouldn't be in this fix? Instead, we're taking up a collection? What about all the folks who can't make fine knives?

I agree with you, but suggesting that if we had a single-payer health care coverage wouldn't actually do anything to help Bill out. Where as trying to help Bill out ourselves does do something. If you think this knife forum can convert the country to a single-payer system, please, let me know.

That's a can of worms in USA circa 2011. It would be a paradigm shift for the ABS and the KMG to start doing insurance-related anything.

So I guess a " kitchen knife forum" group plan is out if the question?

I was in no way intending to denigrate the efforts to help Bill Burke. I was simply pointing out that, were it not for the antediluvian politics of this country, Mr. Burke would not be in this fix.
It is good that he was able to find employment with health care benefits. Not everyone is so fortunate. I have spent the last ten years trying to provide medical coverage for my seriously ill 31 year old daughter, and know how difficult it can be.
It would be interesting to hear from members in Canada and Northern Europe on this subject. Or Texas.

i should have news on monday or tuesday for eeveryone....ryan

I really look forward to what you come up with!

The shig is ready, guess you seen the post from Darkhoek...
Still got patina, but can be removed after wishes from the winner. The Shig is in mint condition :)
Shipping is included world wide.

I hope this fundraiser gets a lot of people involved!!
And I hope it gives Bill and his family a chance to breath!
Best wishes for Bill and his family from Norway!!!

I just heard from Ryan on this, the details are just about worked out and there should be a post up VERY soon. :)

Back