I QUIT !!!!!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Chris - nice to hear about some positive events, congrats. The following obvious questions must be addressed:

Does the new crew know anything about cutting tools?
Are you willing to show them what sharp means?
Are you going to buy a knife with your first pay check?

Great new Chris - that was a fast turn of events.

Congrats, Chris. Glad that things are working out well there.
Reed

Would have been nice if you had called yer olde pappy and told him.....:bat:
But, I'm glad for good news anyway I can get it!

Congrats! Having sundays with the family will be nice too. What type of reasutarant is it?

Wow, I looked at the menu and there wasn't much on there I wouldn't eat, thus being a place I would have to go to a lot just to try everything. Looks like a good gig Chris, hope you enjoy it over there.

Must have missed the post with the link earlier. Looks great. If I'm ever down there (maybe this August) I'll have to make it a point to eat there.

Chris - nice to hear about some positive events, congrats. The following obvious questions must be addressed:

Does the new crew know anything about cutting tools?
Are you willing to show them what sharp means?
Are you going to buy a knife with your first pay check?
Thank you Seth, and all great questions.
I am waaaaaayyyy more knerdy about knives than any of them. The nicest blades IMHO that some guys have are a Mac gyuto and a Yoshihiro petty. I did unearth and old dirty carbon Dexter cleaver from inside a drawer that I will eventually bring to my home spa for some rehab.
I'm reluctant to use my "nicer" or carbon or fragile blades on the line as it is quite hectic, and I don't want to lose my s-word on the guy that uses and/or breaks/damages my knife. I am the FNG after all. I'm using my Forgecraft Chef's and a stainless paring knife on the line right now.
I've already offered to sharpen and do a tip repair on my friend's Mac. They really abuse the crap out of their blades though, so it's probably a lost cause. e.g.: scraping fish off of a sizzle pan with your gyuto isn't good for anyone!
The 1st check.......unless I'm going to make $40 an hour, no. I don't think I'm going to buy a new knife for a long, long, long, long time. I am making less than half of what I made at my last job.
Anyone that wants to send me a Shig or Martell or really anything to congratulate me, PM me for my address!

Anyone that wants to send me a Shig or Martell or really anything to congratulate me, PM me for my address!

I have two 270 shigs with your name on them but I am waiting for either you to get rich, or me. Here we go again, another forum member goes in the will.

Congrats on the new job, hope you're enjoying it!

Back