J-Nat Club

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, I dont deal with stone shops :)

You need to go advanced to attache pics :D

I've drooled over so many of the stones at JNS during the last few months.....it's just not funny.

specifically screaming my name of late are the Shoubudani Asagi and the Ozuku Kan as additional finishing stones for my razors. so beautiful!

my current arsenal of stones:
Okudo Shiro Suita Koppa
Nakayama Maruka Kiita
Nakayama Kiita Kan
Takeshima Karasu
Ozuku Asagi

with a Tomo Nagura for each, as well as Asano Nagura progression stones:Botan, Tenjou, Mejiro & Koma

Now that my interest in kitchen knives has been established I plan on holding off a bit longer still, and possibly get a softer stone to work with both knives and razors.

... and the rabbit hole grows ever deeper!

Hey welcome to KKF :D Where is the pictures ?? :eyebrow:

Now that my interest in kitchen knives has been established I plan on holding off a bit longer still, and possibly get a softer stone to work with both knives and razors.

... and the rabbit hole grows ever deeper!
you will be able to find some preoplishers for razors that are finishers for knives. Best way is to split the collection.

Hey welcome to KKF :D Where is the pictures ?? :eyebrow:

thanks Maxim!! I've got to upgrade to advanced to post pictures I believe, and I also need to get some pictures uploaded! I promise to get on that in the next couple days!! :)

BTW, your JNat Wiki was EXTREMELY helpful for a beginner!! Kudos!

thanks Maxim!! I've got to upgrade to advanced to post pictures I believe, and I also need to get some pictures uploaded! I promise to get on that in the next couple days!! :)

BTW, your JNat Wiki was EXTREMELY helpful for a beginner!! Kudos!
you can host on a website such as tinypic or photobucket and paste the image urls in your post.

you will be able to find some preoplishers for razors that are finishers for knives. Best way is to split the collection.

my thoughts exactly! once I get my bearings a bit more with knives I'll be doing just that - tho I may still have to pick up that Ozuku Kan -that ring grain is just gorgeous! and those Ohira Range Suitas... oh my!

of course I can always pick up a coarser synthetic and switch to polishing on the naturals (both razors and knives - although the nagura progressions are just so fascinating). I keep telling myself "patience grasshopper" - but I've got a hardcore case of OCD to overcome here lol

re: using a photo hosting site - I just may do that! I'll devote some time over the weekend to figuring it out :) thanks!

my thoughts exactly! once I get my bearings a bit more with knives I'll be doing just that - tho I may still have to pick up that Ozuku Kan -that ring grain is just gorgeous! and those Ohira Range Suitas... oh my!

of course I can always pick up a coarser synthetic and switch to polishing on the naturals (both razors and knives - although the nagura progressions are just so fascinating). I keep telling myself "patience grasshopper" - but I've got a hardcore case of OCD to overcome here lol

re: using a photo hosting site - I just may do that! I'll devote some time over the weekend to figuring it out :) thanks!
The truth is you can never have too many naturals, unfortunately most of us, I believe, also can use more money too :(

The truth is you can never have too many naturals, unfortunately most of us, I believe, also can use more money too :(

HA!! well, it's all fiat currency anyhow and tho JNats may not be gold or silver, they do a much better job putting an edge on things than bullion does - AND the value only seems to be rising.

how's that for rationale? :) yep I'm hooked!

I just realized I have posted only s few of my stones so here a few pics of some of the rest:

Red/Green/Blue aoto in order of fineness, the blue Aoto is the hardest I have seen barely makes any mud, super fine for Aoto.

23th6as.jpg

Wakasa- razor finisher but also not scratchy on soft iron. Has beautiful colors Asagi-Kiita mix.

34pakq0.jpg

#24 Atagoyama kiita

zn8z1u.jpg

Aizu

2lm3qx2.jpg

Hakka

2mcu1hx.jpg

Nkayama

zjj62q.jpg

Ohira Renge Suita -makes the coolest pink slurry ever, has a lot of renge

k2b5sl.jpg

:ubersexy:

all of them... tho I must say the Ohira Renge is just incredibly gorgeous, and I love the Hakka lines and the Nakayama coloration

SWEET!!!

Again, I'll be sure to post some pics over the weekend :)

I can't wait till I get out of this terminal broke period in my life, I really need a few more stones for my razors...

At least I can join the J-nat club. These are my first stones and I hope not last. White Binsui and Red Aoto drom JNS. Can't wait to use them. Thanks Maxim

My Toishi Ozuku Asagi. Slurrystone from Maxim. he did a great pick on the Tomo :)

IMG_20121212_202448.jpg
IMG_20121212_203207.jpg
2012-11-19 19.44.57.jpg
IMG_20121212_202828.jpg

sdsds

Congratz with your first JNATS !

HF on sharpening way =)

my current arsenal of stones:
Okudo Shiro Suita Koppa
Nakayama Maruka Kiita
Nakayama Kiita Kan
Takeshima Karasu
Ozuku Asagi

with a Tomo Nagura for each, as well as Asano Nagura progression stones:Botan, Tenjou, Mejiro & Koma

where is the PICTURES ?? :hungry:

That is Awesome!!!!! Hopefully soon I will have its sibling :D
I hope you get a lifetime of great use out of it.

The one waiting for you, Chris, looks very very clean. Even seems to be cleaner than the one I just got.

I must say my type 24 craze started after getting Aizu from you.

The one waiting for you, Chris, looks very very clean. Even seems to be cleaner than the one I just got.

I must say my type 24 craze started after getting Aizu from you.

Type 24's are insanely addictive...I'm not sure what it is that is sooo alluring about them. But, I'm glad I could contribute to a fellow Knut and stone fanatic!!!! :D

Type 24's are insanely addictive...I'm not sure what it is that is sooo alluring about them. But, I'm glad I could contribute to a fellow Knut and stone fanatic!!!! :D
they are aren't they? I already have ideas what the next one will be.

This beauty just arrived today. My poor photography skills don't even begin to do it justice. Can't wait to try it out, but first I need to seal it.

This beauty just arrived today. My poor photography skills don't even begin to do it justice. Can't wait to try it out, but first I need to seal it.

Looks great, make sure to seal the sides.

Back