July Contest - $100 Store Credit Prize

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
600006_505290529487035_810613863_n.jpg

IMG_20121019_010746.jpg

IMG_20121213_102040.jpg

Tough, tough choice. Between my Carter suji, my Harner petty (like jigert's), and the ones I've had my fingers in...not to mention my Dragon. Well, here it is:

3539C334-6847-45AF-8090-D0A117FD95A3-1583-00000162D5E97F86.jpg

Probably wouldn't get rid of either of these, but I'll call the Marko practice knife (w/ obviously not a Marko handle--but I like it).

Cheers

P7210608_zps35ee0a03.jpg

edit: damn handles and board need oil :(

love all my knives! very hard to choose just one.........well, this one for now until Devin finish up my new DT 240 gyuto project

What's this? Can't quite make it out but it looks like it could be a Rodrigue Pettysuke? Maybe?

Tough, tough choice. Between my Carter suji, my Harner petty (like jigert's), and the ones I've had my fingers in...not to mention my Dragon. Well, here it is:

3539C334-6847-45AF-8090-D0A117FD95A3-1583-00000162D5E97F86.jpg

Stole the picture from Dave (thanks!), but this would be my entry. Hiro AS, the first custom handle I ever had made. I had asked Fish at the time to make it feel like a Nenox handle and use local Hawaiian woods, this is what he came up with.

Stefan

jimbob,

Don't know if it will work for you, but I've found if I just insert a photo as a reply, I get the stupid "attachment" and no photo, whereas if I use "Go Advanced" it works like a charm.

Vintage K-Sab turned 12" suji. Not my most used, but by far my favorite

WJRVY.jpg

GetAttachment.aspx

GetAttachment.aspx

My very first "real" knife. Granted it's just a lowly Carbonext, but for me, its my one and only good knife so I had to change the handle :) Sorry for the tiny pics, smaller than i wanted for some reason lol

I'm sure I've posted a bazillion pics of this one already, but she's still my fave, and my most-used.
DSC_00422_zps72dc380e.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
DSC_00432_zps8317bd96.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
280 Takeda with MHenry handle. It's dyed maple from that crazy BurlSource guy with a Sheephorn spacer.
I remember when Mark put the blocks up for sale in his store, and asked Mike if he had bought any. I commissioned Mike to make something cool with it, and he even sold me the knife. This thing is a prep-monster, but can handle the most delicate tasks as well.
I call her the Green Monster.
I might add that I'm a Red Sox fan as well.

Just a couple more days until the drawing.
So.....if you haven't posted a photo of your favorite there is still time.
Lots of nice knives so far.

A lot of knives make the top of the list but this is one I reach for most often for quick and dirty tasks. Probably not the "best" knife, certainly not the most expensive, perhaps the handiest and definitely the prettiest. Yoshi 210 SKD Gyuto from recent batch from Maxim. Wood from Mark, handle by Mike.

Yokishane 210 SKD Gyuto.jpg

DSC_0427.jpgDSC_0428.jpg

My 240 Shig Kitaeji with custom Marko handle and Red Cedar Burl (from you of course)/buffalo horn ferrule is likely not to leave the fold.

I'm surprised and disappointed more people haven't entered in this contest.
Oh well, better chance for me to win!
Beautiful blades everyone!

I'm truly enjoying my Pierre 240 Midtech, and my Kochi 270 gyutos. Probably grabbing my Pierre the most frequently, and my wife adores stainless, so I keep finding that one out. But the Kochi is a beast, and just exceedingly thin behind the edge.
3yyrYWS.jpg

My Marko suji is still the one I reach for most times without thinking. This is the only photo I have on this computer or my uploads right now. Thanks knyfe for bringing this to my attention.

k.

SoupTools.jpg

Tough to choose a favorite. There's never just one.... Shig Kitaeji Mioroshi Deba is my first contender ....

shigjpg_zps74eb6d9e.jpg

Latest posts

Back