Kato Alert

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So many people chasing the same knives, makes it hard to find or buy what one really wants... I'm feeling fortunate that I "think" I have all the knives I need, and I know all the ones I'm going to buy for 2016...

Don't know if Maksim is just toying with us

Nah, I don't think he quite imagines that people are peering at their screens, refreshing constantly, even if it nothing seems to be happening.

Just got a price quote on latest shipment of Katos, and looks like demand is really driving the prices up on these. I also rounded these to the nearest $10.

240 Kato Damascus - ~$1050
210 Kato Damascus - didn't ask

240 Standard Kato - $600
210 Standard Kato - $510

Just got a price quite on latest shipment of Kato this was the prices for those who care. I also rounded these to the nearest $10

240 Standard Kato - $600
210 Standard Kato - $510

Which vendor is this? Prices seem quite high

Which vendor is this? Prices seem quite high

Where from?

Yeah definitely think its very high. I was expecting $750-$900 for the 240 Damascus

PM me if you are interested in the vendor, don't want to put anyone on blast. As I doubt these will even hit their website, probably mostly pre-sold through email.

Also got multiple PMs already asking who the vendor is so people can buy them...guess the prices aren't tooo high?

Just got a price quote on latest shipment of Katos, and looks like demand is really driving the prices up on these. I also rounded these to the nearest $10.

240 Standard Kato - $600
210 Standard Kato - $510

CAD or USD?

Good for you YG420 - I woke up last night a little after mid-night local time and decided to check my computer and happened to see the Kata and Shig email - I was a few minutes too late!

I guess I live on the wrong side of the world for this release.

I live in LA but was at work on graveyards and saw the email so I got lucky. Last time I tried I got to add to cart but I was still too late. So you have to be extra fast lol!

I guess I live on the wrong side of the world for this release.

Don't worry... doesn't help always to be in the right time zone when you can't sit 24/7 at your computer and press "refresh"... the mail came just after my breakfast break at the office... I have a Kato but the Shig Nakiri would have been nice... :nunchucks:

Doesn't anyone want the 210 kato that Tosho have this morning ?

There is a 150m petty as well but that looks to be about double what it would cost from another vendor. Am I missing something?

Yes but, did you see the price on those? Is that price comparable with JNS.

Tosho is USD $ 563 vs JNS USD $376 for the 210mm gyuto.

JNS new price for the 210mm is about $410-$430, but yeah $500+ is ridiculous imo.

probably the crap cdn dollar and massive duty on import are upping the price here. not surprised at all really

Back