KKF counts to a million

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Time to see if I have to eat my crow on previous stating how coffee shouldn’t taste good.

Regardless I’ll probably try Josumas Malibu gold in a bit since it sounds up my alley

Attachments

• IMG_5796.jpeg
    IMG_5796.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5795.jpeg
    IMG_5795.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0

Wrong knife. Wrong spot. Right technique. 👀🤦‍♂️

@ethompson
View attachment 312058
Be careful, don’t wanna get pitting on the core!

I dab the salty water or peroxide on with a qtip and use surface tension to keep it above the shinogi - or at least try too…

Going to do a post about this technique here soon

Be careful, don’t wanna get pitting on the core!

I dab the salty water or peroxide on with a qtip and use surface tension to keep it above the shinogi - or at least try too…

Going to do a post about this technique here soon

I just left the knife wet on accident. No salty water, peroxide or q-tip necessary.

1. Wet knife.
2. Get called away quickly and forget to dry knife.
3. Remember 2 hours later where you left it.
4. Brag on KKF about not using anything @ethompson said to use.
5. Be bummed it's not the knife you wanted to restore the KU on.

As part of our soft opening period for the new spot our PR guy insisted on doing a media preview day - AKA influencers eat free. Didn't think my opinions of these people could get any lower and here we are. Bringing guests - oh, I'm sorry, entourage - uninvited, ordering 4, 5, even 6 entrees per person and then even more to go. All sorts of weird lighting apparatuses. People asking if we could change the music to better fit the "vibes for my reels." After a few hours of expo and sandwich I had to head out and sit on the milk crate by the dumpster for some goddam peace and quiet.

Oh well, at least we're serving now and not in buildout anymore.

As part of our soft opening period for the new spot our PR guy insisted on doing a media preview day - AKA influencers eat free. Didn't think my opinions of these people could get any lower and here we are. Bringing guests - oh, I'm sorry, entourage - uninvited, ordering 4, 5, even 6 entrees per person and then even more to go. All sorts of weird lighting apparatuses. People asking if we could change the music to better fit the "vibes for my reels." After a few hours of expo and sandwich I had to head out and sit on the milk crate by the dumpster for some goddam peace and quiet.

Oh well, at least we're serving now and not in buildout anymore.

I do not miss those people!

Of course your food is cold! You were busy fixing your lighting and taking pictures, instead of, you know, doing what people are supposed to do at a restaurant!

Latest posts

Back