KKF Giveaway to support Bill BUrke

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Button fixed, donation sent. Hope everything works out Bill.

I am absolutely pleased and honored to be associated with the members of this forum. Stepping up to the plate says a lot about the quality of the people who frequent this forum. Thanks to all and I hope a lot of $'s are raised for Bill and his family.

+1

I hope to see marketing of this on other forums as well. Someone shoud post this at KF, FF and other forums as well.
Id like to see those vendors who are on this forum to post it on their Facebook and in their mails to their customers :)
I know Bill got a lot of friends out there that are eager to help, and if more people join this would be absolutly perfect.

I know this wont solve Bills problems, but Im sure it will give him some time to breath. And I hope he can focus on whats important for him: family and making knives!
Im proud to be a customer of Bill, and Ive had a really nice dialogue with him the last year. He is profesional and really really nice talking to by mail. He puts an effort in making the perfect knive and wont deliver a knife thats not 100% perfect.

Life is more fun helping a fellow member out! Everyone should be proud of joining this fundraiser!

Im in on this , really nice thing to do

donation being sent!

Sweet! It's a paypal link that i don't need paypal for! You guys thought of everything. Donation sent!

Wow, I don't know what to say accept,

Thank You Everyone!!

Hey, I kinda like Boise state, ever since the Cinderella year. Man that team was solid!

let's get this wrapped up soon fellas.....i don't have a set end date but pf course this can'tgo on forever....donations and posts are slowing down so this will be closed soon.....thanks....ryan

I like to know how much is donated, cause Im pretty unhappy with the focus this got from KKF. No mails, no info on Facebook, no posting on other forums and so on. If donation is to low imo, I will put the Shigefusa on sale in the buy/trade/sell section and donate all the money to Bill Burke and his family.

When Jon Broida had a fundraiser for Heiji and his family, people donated over 5000 USD and there was no prices to win. I hope I don't offend any of the donators in this post: Im extremely happy that you help Bill out. But lack of interest, skills or whatever from KKF forces me to collect as much as possible buy having an auction in Buy/Sell/Trade forum. I am a man of word, but I like to see as much as possible is donated.

So how big is the pot? My actions will be based on this....

So you're threatening to pull one of the giveaways if you aren't satisfied with the arbitrary reserve you've set, after almost ten pages of donations?

That's fucking classy.

As I said, Is all about the how big the pot got.

If raised 500 then Im pretty sure nobody is against me getting twice or triple for Bill on S/B/T forum. However, if the pot is big then I have no problem with this fundraiser.....

Im just saying I want to have as much funds to Bill.... And if you think that is classy, then its ok with me :)

I just think Jon Broida did more out of a fundraiser getting 5000 use or more for Heiji. I want the same for Bill..

And vertigo, lots of this pages is about the link don't working, and repost from a lot of users..

But if pot is big and we got a lot of donators, Im happy to ship the shig. So I hope I did not offend anybody

And vertigo, lots of this pages is about the link don't working, and repost from a lot of users..

But if pot is big and we got a lot of donators, Im happy to ship the shig. So I hope I did not offend anybody

May be you should have talked to the people that run the donation before posting here?
Isn't that more efficient?

So...you're comparing family tragedies, putting a monetary value on each one, and now assigning a price tag on something that you had already freely offered? You do realize that by just threatening to pull your giveaway item, you've damaged the feeling of good will and generosity of the community. Not to mention placing Bill and his family in the middle of some weird "price war" at a time when they don't need this.

Yup. Classy.

I'm not sure if offended is the right word. I think what has been breached is trust. You have broken the trust of every forum member that has taken part in this fundraiser and any other member that has any moral sense. Some of the participants may have been hoping for a chance at owning a nice knife that would otherwise not be within their means to obtain. I hope you reconsider your stance. I find your attitude repugnant and if I were Bill, I would be embarrassed to associate my name with it especially after praising you so highly. Bill Burke: "Oivind you are quite possibly one of the greatest guys I know." This is really about honor.

Also, Oivind, keep in mind that not everybody announces their donation so don't use thread responses as your gauge. I also don't see a deadline in the OP, so two weeks from now things will be different. It has been less than a week so far.

And frankly, I think we should keep the paypal donation button up and sticky it regardless of the drawing. I've donated, and when my a bonus comes my way in November, I will likely donate again if the option still exists. The drawing doesn't matter to me. If I win anything knife related, I will probably just turn around and sell it on SBT and donate that on top of it all.

k.

May I add my two cents worth?

I have never met Bill and if he walked in the door I would have no idea who he is. I am almost in the same financial spot after my wife suffered a mild stroke. Money is tight, I am squeezing every dollar I can and if someone offered me $50 or $500 I would accept it graciously with a lot of thanks. No matter how much is raised, it is the gift that counts not the amount.

My board offer stays no matter how much, or how little, is raised. I freely offered it as a gesture of goodwill and support for a forum member.

Back