KKF Massdrop IV - 田中義一 🇯🇵

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone heard any whispers/new info recently ? The ktip 270 on Strata's Instagram looks really nice

As far as I know - the drop is still slated to happen. Tanaka-san is personally hand-laminating all of these blades, and since he is growing older the production for this particular line has not been as predicted. @Smashmasta Evan and Sakai Kikumori are working hard behind the scenes to fulfill the order and - more importantly - do what is right for Tanaka-san's wellbeing. We will keep you posted!

Last edited:
It’s been a couple months since the last post. I understand that once the lamination is done, there’s a resting period, kinda like how polishing looks better a few days later. So how’s it going?

Idk how I missed this who thread, but if you’re waiting on a Y Tanaka, he recently got hurt. I heard he was practicing his nose manuals and broke his wrist. Word is he’s gonna be out of commission for the next like 3 months

He ain’t a skater. He’s like 74.

Truth is in Sakai it doesn’t take an accident for things to go mysterious ways. They always do and you can do nothing. That said it was suspicious from the start. I would have tried H&K and Nigara.

Last edited:
He ain’t a skater. He’s like 74.

Truth is in Sakai it doesn’t take an accident for things to go mysterious ways. They always do and you can do nothing. That said it was suspicious from the start. I would have tried H&K and Nigara.
This knife never saw the light of day?

I remember being soooo down of not being on the lucky side of the raffle

Idk how I missed this who thread, but if you’re waiting on a Y Tanaka, he recently got hurt. I heard he was practicing his nose manuals and broke his wrist. Word is he’s gonna be out of commission for the next like 3 months
Wait so is Tanaka actually injured? I mean, obviously not from a skating accident lol. Just trying to figure out to what extent you were joking

Wait so is Tanaka actually injured? I mean, obviously not from a skating accident lol. Just trying to figure out to what extent you were joking
Yes he’s injured. No not from skating. Idk what happened, but I talked to Evan a week or two ago because I was thinking about ordering something and he told be the big man was hurt and out of commission for a while which sucks because he was already behind

Yes he’s injured. No not from skating. Idk what happened, but I talked to Evan a week or two ago because I was thinking about ordering something and he told be the big man was hurt and out of commission for a while which sucks because he was already behind
That's unfortunate to hear! Especially since I'm in Japan right now, and planning on visiting the shops in Sakai in about 2 weeks 🫠

That's unfortunate to hear! Especially since I'm in Japan right now, and planning on visiting the shops in Sakai in about 2 weeks 🫠
Ok, apparently it was 2/23. And he said he’d be out for two months. So maybe you’ll get lucky?

Back