KKF rolling vacation...from little rock to memphis to charlotte to fleetwood to....not sure.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'd love to join you for both raleigh and asheville but the timing is not right. hope you enjoy your stay in nc though! perhaps we could meet for lunch on thursday in town?
Understand...life is life eh?I have to work 9-5 tues-thur of this week, so I'm very constrained for lunch choices, probably have to stay in Ballantyne, and probably have to eat with co-workers. :(There is a slim possibility that I will wrap-up early...maybe EOD weds or thur morning...I'll def let you know if that happens...assuming you can be that flexible with your schedule.

Hey Z,

Looks like I may be in Asheville on the 26th, maybe we can meet up for a beer at the Wedge.

Had an awesome night with KnyfeKnerd and his family last night...just arrived in Raleigh this afternoon. Looking forward to an awesome experience with a co-worker in the AM tomorrow and MuchoBocho in the PM.
9102263387_f91e50c706.jpg
[video=youtube;DPxU5iMaYoE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPxU5iMaYoE[/video]I never hear/see MuchoBocho's name without thinking of Mojo Jojo from the mid/late 90's

We rolled into Asheville last night...it seems the spousal unit has done another fabulous job with site selection:
9119171775_0d26d056e8.jpg
9119119929_5b87413ca1.jpg
Had one night in Raleigh where we just wanted to relax at the KOA and enjoy a dip in the pool. I have a Weber Performer on the bumper of the RV (kettle-style charcoal grill with propane starter, charcoal bin, and side-table),but it's a pain to get off-n-on the bumper all by myself...especially for one night. So I improvised a bit for dinner. found some kebab skewers in the RV, and made grilled kielbasa sausages with organic red potatoes, kosher salt, EVOO, cracked pepper, crushed thyme, and red pepper flakes:
9105391932_cdbba5fc9d.jpg
Looks like there is a solid chance that I'll get to connect with ChinaCats on Weds for brews-n/r-dinner. Thanks for the encouragement on the photos...good to know that I'm not annoying folks...at least not all of them.

If you do get to hang with Chinacats make sure he brings his insane peppers and that salsa. HOLY CRAP that salsa was addictive.

If you do get to hang with Chinacats make sure he brings his insane peppers and that salsa. HOLY CRAP that salsa was addictive.
Whiz-attt!? There's another chilehead on the forums? CC, is this a possibility?

I remembered this as I was walking the dogs tonight. A few years ago, I created a Yelp! business for my RV. The brand of my RV is Laredo; we serve beer and food, particularly grilled food, so Tavern; and at the time, it was parked at the 9th Green on the local golf course in Cave Springs, AR....Laredo Tavern on the Green.I encouraged anyone who came to a meal at the RV to write a review...as mean, funny, charming, or whatever as they want. Looks like ChinaCats may be the first KKFer to have the chance to add a review.NOTE: Several folks created a Yelp! account solely for this review so their review get filtered out...at the bottom you will see "(3 filtered)", click that and you can read 3 additional reviews. The best was by a close friend named Paul....he was brutal(ly funny)...some Patrick guy was fairly harsh as well.http://www.yelp.com/biz/laredo-tavern-on-the-green-cave-springs#query:laredo tavern on the green

Whiz-attt!? There's another chilehead on the forums? CC, is this a possibility?

I am also I have trinidad scorpions growing now and always am trying new hot sauces and such.

Had an excellent, realxed evening with ChinaCats in Asheville. This was the 2nd time on this trip that someone made me question my deep distate for mixing savory and sweet...the pineapple salsa was really excellent--and I really dislike that sort of thing!

Checking KKF before I begin getting the campsite ready for CC's arrival
9156241792_6e57d325e6.jpg

Got the BoardSMITH and DTN ready for CC, along with the whole kit...for a little al fresco knerdery
9154014819_e3d62db5cb.jpg

9154003953_9072c21063.jpg

9153412565_5838205687.jpg

9153996939_086b42e728.jpg

Man you sure look like you're having a great trip but we're waiting on you here. :tease:

If you are going up I85, let me know and I will be happy to show the shop off to you. The shop is just 1/4 mile off Business I85 in Archdale, just south of High Point.
Maybe a little bit of Board Butter for your board.

Man you sure look like you're having a great trip but we're waiting on you here. :tease:

After my time with KK, MB, and CC...I'm even more stoked to spend a day with you....I knew I needed to improve my skills... but damn. I didn't know I didn't have any!

If you are going up I85, let me know and I will be happy to show the shop off to you. The shop is just 1/4 mile off Business I85 in Archdale, just south of High Point.
Maybe a little bit of Board Butter for your board.

Hmmmm....the Mrs. will be scouring the map tomorrow to see if we can make this happen!

Looks like y'all are having a great trip.

I have special training that allows me to endure these conditions. Please: don't try this at home. That would be different.

This is the field across the street from the RV park....so beautiful it seems fake.
9161281461_5c31d11e92_z.jpg

Holy C@#$% my allergies just went full tilt looking at the pic. Have to go take some meds. so I can be able to function. :brb:

Ha always wanted to use that one.

Wow, that is an awesome pic, you should have it developed and frame it!

Finally found some time to work on the patina on the DTN. This is probably the first meal I have prepped, cooked, and eaten out-of-doors. I musn't wait so long for #2.
9168722013_889a0a2556.jpg

Hot smoked ribeye, salad of: green leaf lettuce, radish, cucumber, and tomatoes with a dressing of lime juice, unfiltered EVOO, 4 cloves of garlic, dijon mustard. Side of tabouleh. Served with a Pinot Grigio. Completely acceptable.

Panda, I've been making variations on that salad about 3 nights/week (in the summer) for 15 years and it's still a joy almost every time.

Got the grill fired up for a little breakfast-for-dinner here in Madison, PA (just outside Pittsburgh). Note to Yankees: I have papers which qualify me to travel behind enemy lines.
9180223992_7bd1db09f2.jpg

Sambal (garlic + chile paste), bacon and egg McMuffin with crispy hash browns.
9180225694_12815c49d0.jpg

you eat better while cooking outdoors than most people do at home!

i can eat 'breakfast' literally any hour of the day. 3am or 3pm? makes no difference to me. let me go add a poached egg to my bowl of ramen noodles right now, :D

Back