KKF rolling vacation...from little rock to memphis to charlotte to fleetwood to....not sure.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmmm....I never put an egg in ramen before....I only recently tried adding scallions, and cucumbers along with my Sambal...which was decent. Now I have an additional thing to try!

I am fond of saying I have one of the best kitchens on 8 wheels ^_^

I've been loving that cast iron griddle too. Got it at a "dirty santa" party, must have been under $10. Absolutely perfect for making breakfast on the grill though.

Dave, of clan Martell: we're closer now! In the state at least. Leaving tomorrow to come to fleetwood.

Still thinking of coming by the bistro one night while in Gettysburg? Let me know. With the reenactments this week its going to e nutty, but I should be able to swing getting done early (8ish) one night so we can share a few pints and I'll show you around my "brewery"

Still thinking of coming by the bistro one night while in Gettysburg? Let me know. With the reenactments this week its going to e nutty, but I should be able to swing getting done early (8ish) one night so we can share a few pints and I'll show you around my "brewery"

Definitely! We should get into Gettysburg on the 4th, and roll out on the 8th. My schedule should be pretty flexible...lemme know what works for you!

Where ya at now Danny?

Just rolled into Kutztown about an hour ago...about to hit up the RV store for some repairs, Cabela's for fun, and then some kind of dinner...I heard there's a German festival going on right now.

I'm so jealous! Awesome vacation-mobile!
I'll be first in line when you start the passaround with your RV! You can just use my Corolla in the meantime......................

I'm so jealous! Awesome vacation-mobile!
I'll be first in line when you start the passaround with your RV! You can just use my Corolla in the meantime......................

We'll have to start a kitty for postage!

Nice to follow this trip. If you ever drive your RV to Hawaii, I'll buy you a beer ;)

Stefan

I'll take you up on that Stefan....but I might need something stronger than beer after that trip.Rolled into Gettysburg last night. Totally crazy here. Going to meet JMAdams13 for lunch tomorrow, and take a segway tour of Pickett's charge on Sunday...then the homeward-bound leg begins: Columbus, Cincinatti, Nashville, Little Rock....and a return to full-time employment....damn employers keep wanting me to do stuff.Dinner Tonight: Hot-n-Sour Fish Curry (Tilapia) with Arborio rice (couldn't find a decent basmati locally):Mise is complete:
9219828704_8ef0a6761e.jpg
Spice gravy is alomst ready
9217055179_78653be409.jpg
Tilapia added, few minutes from dinner time:
9219822818_7b06b73e53.jpg
Ready to eat:
9217048265_2b14e571ca.jpg
Dinner is served:
9219808768_2c0c84fa88.jpg
Dinner last night, Delmonico steak with grilled baked potato, and salad of green leaf lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber and homemade dressing:
9216780383_a95ca9bdde.jpg
9216777603_4130ef247a.jpg
9219546406_a2be58f11f.jpg
Cabernet/Merlot blend to drink.

That's was fun. Sorry I didnt bring my roll, but playing with yours was fun. Glad you liked the food. Give me a good review, lol

BTW, I want your usuba, lol. Glad you liked the beers, wish my brewery was more impressive...

Post pics. Lisa was camera crazy, lol

Yeah, we're both camera crazy....but my knife crazy is stronger than my camera crazy ;)

Speaking of pics....
------

I spent a lovely, long lunch with JMAdams13 at his Bistro/Brewery today. Arriving at the facility, the spousal unit decided to get a candid shot of me with my sun scowl on. That's the Kramer vs Kramer + Masamoto KS Passarounds under my arm. It's turned into a drive around though.
9223200949_a53781b6cd.jpg

Here's Joe's bike and some lovely ivy going up the side of the building....Nearby is some newly planted hops that will eventually be part of the brewery operations.
9223207799_f1daa94f4d.jpg

9225970296_50dde29dc8.jpg

My wife loves architectural shots...this is the building across the street from the Bistro.
9223186493_576f115b23.jpg

Taking a look at some concept paring knives that Eamon was working on. Oh, that is a pint of the house Saison on the table, it was excellent.
9223197127_b9daa711c4.jpg

On the way back to the park, we found this. Not sure why PA has so many beautiful fields...here's an experimental shot...glad I didn't see the business end of a shottie while taking this photo.
9223178861_d8ee3e2ff6.jpg

A bit more landscapey...
9225960586_ee4642219a.jpg

Thanks for hosting us Joe! The food was good, the tour was interesting and brought back a lot of memories of my own brewing days..and an interesting way to apply your Zymurgilogical pedigree!

Also, coaster is oystered.

Glad you enjoyed the food and beer. It's a shame I didnt have any IPAs on tap, that's what happens when we are planning on shutting down for two weeks...

The Kramer vs Kramer was interesting. Gotta say the shun was very disappointing...

But oh my, that spoon was terrific, wish I had the chance to actually use it. It was great finally putting a face to a name. It was like chattin with old freinds, but never actually meeting before. I snapped some pics during as well, I'll try to get them up later.

Glad you enjoyed the food and beer. It's a shame I didnt have any IPAs on tap, that's what happens when we are planning on shutting down for two weeks...

The Kramer vs Kramer was interesting. Gotta say the shun was very disappointing...

But oh my, that spoon was terrific, wish I had the chance to actually use it. It was great finally putting a face to a name. It was like chattin with old freinds, but never actually meeting before. I snapped some pics during as well, I'll try to get them up later.

Heh....I'm not sure the Shun was disappointing...but i did find it underwhelming....that profile is ree-donk-yoo-luss (in a bad way).

Yup, that cool spoon was a very generous gift from Mucho Bocho...and I'm trying to learn how to use it....seems like it's mostly for sauces or maybe hot spoon-on-spoon action. (ok, wine-n-beer are interfering with my writing stylie).

My little "Knerds across america" itineracy had been extremely interesting....everyone we have met has been uniquely their own....but incredibly hospitable, engaging, and Knerdy. What a cool community.

Nice pasture/sky at a little rest stop on the initial leg of the tour.
9235160540_312fa6a212.jpg

Another pasture view with a nice mountain line in the back.
9232376443_0aa632e16f.jpg

Confederate artillery position....in the shade.
9232373899_c01ab9fdd5.jpg

Too metaphorical? Monument to Gen Lee.
9232369443_57f99c902a.jpg

9235144988_601c068610.jpg

Another view of a portion of the western battlefield...
9232361937_8f9c049d42.jpg

View from the bottom of Little Round Top.
9235134454_4c03b7edc7.jpg

View from the top of Little Round Top. Just a few dozen yards below, was where most of the battle for the hilltop was done.
9232349919_d257db0be6.jpg

Main Union artillery line and "highwater mark" for confederate forces. The got within a few dozen yards of capturing this crucial position, and in fact did capture these cannon...but were then forced to immediately retreat.
9232345253_a44ea68666.jpg

Thank you little cloud for a little respite from the sun.
9232339391_2c051c2722.jpg

I really can't improve on the tagline here....six. frakkin'. acres. and you feel every bit of it.

14,000 wines
1600 cheeses
1500 beers

mind boggling. Central Market of Texas: this is what you want to be when you grow up.
9257674604_5dde184a8c.jpg

This is just the single bottle selection. There are 3 aisles like this of 6-packs.
9254886919_2b93eb8d3c.jpg

I'm sure this isn't very special to a lot of you guys, but I've never seen these at retail before.
9257663454_bd9335a91d.jpg

Much less this...$40 for an egg? *** would I do with that to make it worth $40?!
9254880075_6ca897f04e.jpg

I thought about getting this just for novelty...but looks like almost zero knuckle clearance.
9254875611_00609abdc6.jpg

They had a whole bunch of these novelty energy drinks...all kinds of video games (sonic, mario brothers), and even had a "flaming moe"...which did not involve a change in Moe's wardrobe.
9254871467_cab46861ee.jpg

The single most amazing grocery store I've ever seen. and I seek out things like this when I travel for work. Completely blows Central Market out of the water...and those of you who frequent Central Market should know how impressive that is.

I just realized I should have taken more photos....This place has a guided tour to help you understand the layout and where different things are. A grocery store with a @#$^@% docent?! Yes. And they have a bullhorn (of sorts).

Thanks for the--very costly--experience EdipisReks!

Which Jungle Jim's did you go to? I have yet to see the new one. I always eat well for a few days after trips to Jungle Jim's, and yes it can be a costly trip.

This is the one on Dixie Hwy...pretty close to the lake with the horse riding facilities (and the RV Campground).

I was happy to spend it....but my money ulcer did bleed a little bit.

That's the original. The new one is all clean and non-grungy, so I don't like it.

We made it home on Saturday, bringing our little adventure to a close.

4,426.3 miles
48 MPH
117:03 hours
1 hell of a trip

Got to meet a lot of KKF folks and they were, without exception, delightful.

Maybe I can do this again next year...except from Little Rock to Seattle (as was originally planned for this year).

Thanks to everyone for your participation and interest!

Glad you made it home okay, and had a wonderful lunch with you and Lisa. If my townhouse was bigger, I would have hosted, maybe next time...

Latest posts

Back