Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 311451Kamon/Fingal/Hangler colab up for charity auction on IG this Sunday for Doctors Without Borders.
Handle = Austrian Plum Wood - Titanium

Steel = High Carbon - Apex Ultra Core steel with Nickel layer and Damascus cladding

Tapered blade - tang = 4mm - mid way = 2.5mm near tip = 1.5mm

THIS IS NOT STAINLESS STEEL - please be aware of care and maintenance needed to avoid rust and tarnish

Weight = 217 grams

Dependant on shipping laws etc it comes with a fine bottle of Austrian Plum Schnapps chosen by Benjamin
Oh, the dreaded KamFingLer!

View attachment 311451Kamon/Fingal/Hangler colab up for charity auction on IG this Sunday for Doctors Without Borders.
Handle = Austrian Plum Wood - Titanium

Steel = High Carbon - Apex Ultra Core steel with Nickel layer and Damascus cladding

Tapered blade - tang = 4mm - mid way = 2.5mm near tip = 1.5mm

THIS IS NOT STAINLESS STEEL - please be aware of care and maintenance needed to avoid rust and tarnish

Weight = 217 grams

Dependant on shipping laws etc it comes with a fine bottle of Austrian Plum Schnapps chosen by Benjamin
I particularly like the two little salmonella traps, that's heckin cute

Looks like left over KU from forging. I'm just glad this one wasn't a 240 cuz I dont need another Maz
I kept trying to expand the image to see the kanji in there; figured it for a maker’s mark.
I particularly like the two little salmonella traps, that's heckin cute
Not traps; libraries

It’s A2 core. The steel is a slightly thicker version of the stock used for these knives:

https://blenheimforge.co.uk/product-category/classic-range/

They're really nice those tall nakiri, I'd happily have one for myself. But they're not AS core.
And they told you that directly, in person? Bernal are convinced its AS which is a problem. And when you say A2 do you mean tool steel A2 or B#2 (Aogami 2)? Blenheim refer to Blue Paper which I equate to B#2 not 'A2' which is a low carbon high chromium steel.
No horse in the race but when a retailer claims one thing when its something else, they are doing everyone a disservice. Puts me off both Bernal and Blenheim.

Last edited:
Simon Maillet knives are getting really cool. His KU and twisted stuff combined with some wrought makes me think I need another knife from him. His HT on 135cr3 is nice and takes to the stones very well. Not chippy either as it’s been a big work knife for me. I specifically asked mine for a flatter profile and no pointy tip. Price is pretty reasonable as well. He’ll probably open his books again this year so it’s worth being on the lookout.

Check out his story on IG to see what hes been making.

Plus he has some stuff coming out tomorrow

And they told you that directly, in person? Bernal are convinced its AS which is a problem. And when you say A2 do you mean tool steel A2 or B#2 (Aogami 2)? Blenheim refer to Blue Paper which I equate to B#2 not 'A2' which is a low carbon high chromium steel.
No horse in the race but when a retailer claims one thing when its something else, they are doing everyone a disservice. Puts me off both Bernal and Blenheim.

Yes. We went to the pub after work (as we sometimes do) and 'they' did tell me that directly and in person, when I remembered to ask.

And yes. When I said the knives were A2 not AS, I was indeed meaning 'Aogami' in both cases. I wasn't referring to A2 tool steel. I'm sorry if I confused you.

Last edited:
Do you, uh, have some particularly significant ritual sacrifices coming up? Is there something you want to tell the class?
I kinda want it too. Once a week we blast though like five thousand gallons of old bread for croutons, the whole ass kitchen pitches in to get it out of the way. Would be hilarious to whip that out for the occasion xD

Oh ****, I just looked up your knives! Crazy good stuff!! And I didn't realize those little gunk catchers were part of your brand, that's my bad, didn't mean any offense!
It's actually pretty nifty. You can take off the handle, without fudging around with hot glue or beeswax.

It's actually pretty nifty. You can take off the handle, without fudging around with hot glue or beeswax.
Oh, I really love the concept and I was being sincere in my reply! Them little screw holes are a heckin foodsafe disaster tho, donno what else to say (though to be fair, these don't seem to be marketed towards anyone who would need to worry about that).

I kinda want it too. Once a week we blast though like five thousand gallons of old bread for croutons, the whole ass kitchen pitches in to get it out of the way. Would be hilarious to whip that out for the occasion xD
It’s panem and circenses in one stylish package!!

Them little screw holes are a heckin foodsafe disaster tho, donno what else to say (though to be fair, these don't seem to be marketed towards anyone who would need to worry about that).
I agree with your assessment. There are many reasons I don’t own a Kamon and that is one. There are some Huber handled ones in existence though.

Back