Knife findings

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hmm I bet these orders will be getting cancelled
i made a purchase from dictum a bit ago that was canceled because they didn't actually have what I ordered in stock. They refunded my purchase, but I lost money from the exchange rates going back and forth and the foreign transaction fee... hopefully nobody else loses money needlessly

i made a purchase from dictum a bit ago that was canceled because they didn't actually have what I ordered in stock. They refunded my purchase, but I lost money from the exchange rates going back and forth and the foreign transaction fee... hopefully nobody else loses money needlessly
I recently had a similar unpleasant experience with a different European shop. I lost quite some money in exchange rates…

FWIW, I have only had good experience with Dictum so far.

Hmm I bet these orders will be getting cancelled
Main page says in stock but when its added to the basket the order page states unavailable, although the system allows the buyer to go through the payment process. I hope you get them.

I wrote to Dictum about the scenario with the Sigefusa - here's what I received from them:
"This item is not in stock.
We unfortunately do not know when it will be back.
You can order the item at any time. It will be send to you once we have stocks."

I wrote to Dictum about the scenario with the Sigefusa - here's what I received from them:
"This item is not in stock.
We unfortunately do not know when it will be back.
You can order the item at any time. It will be send to you once we have stocks."
Based on the price I don't think they have had a restock in, what, like 5 years........

I thought I would share this seller. As far as I can see he has taken over / inherited the inventory from a cutlers shop and has been slowly selling it off for a year or so. I bought one of the custom made eastern style nakiris a while back, bargain price for a knife that takes an amazing edge.
Anyway, there is a some junk, but if you like older knives that need some TLC, here is a place to look.

Enjoy.

https://www.jauce.com/user/tsutsu313

Matsubara B#2 cleaver in stock at CKTG. My ginsan one is a keeper. If you're in the market for a higher end cleaver, I'd jump on it while it's still available.
https://tinyurl.com/5n6jvt2w
Hey, I've been playing with the idea of upgrading my cleaver/CCK situation, thanks for tipping me over the edge.

"I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for those meddling kids!"

Yep and and the smith still only got 150 Dollar for a knife like this LOL.

SirCutALot
I guess it's more as it's a special order. Work horse and special steel. But I'd say it won't be much more that 300-400$. Kato isn't making that many knives at all. It's still a very rare knife, small but rare. Looks like Maksim sold only 2 of them.

Back