Knife shops in paris.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HappyamateurDK

Reaction score
Hi all.

Next week me and the wife will have a trip to Paris.

Any of you guys know any knife shops worth visiting while there?

Thanks 👍

Hi all.

Thanks 👍
Depends what kind of knives you are looking for? Kitchen knives or pocket knives?

Could check out Atelier Doma but for kitchen knives France shops are very expensive and don't have many good choices.
For pockets knives, you can check out Laguiole shops (been only to one that was nice so no idea about the others). It's more typically french so might have better stuff than other countries for that in particular

Last edited:
Japanese Knife Company
Maybe just a bad experience but I didn't like it a Japanese Knife Company. Seller was really dismissive of us (maybe because we looked like kids but from google reviews it doesn't seem like it's a one off experience) and talked down to us. But there is another shop with better reviews so maybe better luck there. Also fair warning, living cost in Paris is definitely not cheap so prices reflect that (500€ for a 240 AS Shiro Kamo)

Hi all.

Thanks 👍
Tetogi is on your doorstep and much better option for Jknives or Cleancut in Sweden. Plan a trip to Amsterdam and go visit Karasu and Meesterslijpers.

Maybe just a bad experience but I didn't like it a Japanese Knife Company. Seller was really dismissive of us (maybe because we looked like kids but from google reviews it doesn't seem like it's a one off experience) and talked down to us. But there is another shop with better reviews so maybe better luck there. Also fair warning, living cost in Paris is definitely not cheap so prices reflect that (500€ for a 240 AS Shiro Kamo)
So I guess I should've mentioned I actually haven't been to that store myself. I hear it's owned by a British guy

Dehillerin for all kitchen stuff. The knives sold under their own name are made by K-Sabatier. If you're interested, you may check for the usual bends, warps, poor handles, all in the best Thiers tradition. Besides F&F, decent stuff.

Everyone is going to be dismissive of tourists in Paris is my experience :) (jk i love it there! but i usually have a local to shield me).

Attachments

• IMG_6531.jpeg
    IMG_6531.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
I second the E. Dehillerin suggestion. Worth the visit for the store alone (copper pans hanging everywhere).

Most of my paring and petty knives are from them. A bit off-topic but their prices for copper pans are very fair, specially considering tax free.

I second the E. Dehillerin suggestion. Worth the visit for the store alone (copper pans hanging everywhere).

Most of my paring and petty knives are from them. A bit off-topic but their prices for copper pans are very fair, specially considering tax free.
They won't be tax free for our Danish friend!

Hi,
Sorry for the late reply.
You can look at Kama-asa in the 5th district. It's a subsidiary of a kopabashi shop.
Also depending on when you will be there and where, you can DM me for a quick visit at my workshop - if I've got a bit of time I'll be happy to have a quick chat, although I don't have much in stock at the moment.
The place run by Flavien (affuteur_japonais_parisien) is pretty cool and he's got a couple of knives of mine as well. It's downtown so always worth a go 😉

Back