Knives Available for Sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the practice petty knives over here Marko, once it is available :)

240mm thin gyuto (I think it's 2.65mm over the heel, so this can probably be called a laser), with oval ironwood/horn/nickel silver handle and poplar saya. For a pinch grip, oval handle is fine, for a handle grip, it might not offer as much control as D or octagonal.

DSC_0482.jpg

$320 shipped within US.

Hi marko pm sent, for now I would like to have some info....

Ugh, damn mortgage payments! I was so close! Just my luck, finally have the opportunity, but just posted mortgage.

Pulling off this one. Might replace oval handle with a D and relist.

If anybody interested in just the blade with the saya and get an aftermarket handle, contact me.

M

Can you reprofile the oval handle into a D or do you need to start fresh? Would be a shame to toss the oval handle and lose that nice piece of ironwood.

Actually, if you do decide to change handles I may have a knife that would work really well with the oval one.

I would prefer to offer practice knives without handles if folks are interested in aftermarket handles or DIY projects. I already have many hours in those knives, and putting more hours into making handles and offering them at steep discount, just doesn't make whole lot of sense.

So I am going to try that, and if it doesn't work, I will shelve it.

M

52100/HRC63.5/Masamoto-ish profile?
Price without handle?

Please let me know if that oval handle becomes available. Thanks.

Practice knives with no handles sounds like a win all around. Cuts down on what would otherwise be waste for you, and would make an awesome project for someone wanting to put their own handle on.

Two more practice knives for DIY handle projects or for using one of the aftermarket handles. 52100, around 61RC. Both have recent (not latest) heat treatment and latest grind, hand-finished to 220 grit, though final finish will be 400. Spine and choil are rounded. Spine is approximately 2.9mm over the heel, 2mm half way and 1.75mm 50mm from the tip. Geometry is under 1mm 10mm from the edge (see heel shot)

Sharpen-ability and sharpness is excellent, edge retention is moderate (compared with some Japanese knives, would be excellent). Payment includes shipping in ConUS.

250mm gyuto - $230
225mm gyuto - $200

DSC_0484.jpg

DSC_0483.jpg

225mm Sold Pending Funds

Thanks, folks

Just want to add that should the knives not meet your expectation, you may return them for a full refund within a week, except you can't sharpen them (that will add more work for me thinning them and refinishing them upon receipt).

M

Congrats to the new owners, looks like you've bagged yourself a fantastic bargain.

I didn't know this is a giveaway thread! :lol2:

Congrats to the new owners. These are sure to be the best bargain knives of your lives. I have no money for, need of, or intention to buy a new knife, and I was still going to buy one, and got a bit annoyed I missed it, lol.

Agreed.

Next stop for me would be the Stefan Keller handle sale!

I got one of these blades AND I got one of Stefan's handles, but I think the handle will be too small at the front for this blade. My plan is to put one of these epicedge handles on it, as I have done several times before. Very nice handles for the money.

I didn't know this is a giveaway thread! :lol2:

Congrats to the new owners. These are sure to be the best bargain knives of your lives. I have no money for, need of, or intention to buy a new knife, and I was still going to buy one, and got a bit annoyed I missed it, lol.

My thoughts exactly, really a steal at those prices.

Stefan

Agreed.

Next stop for me would be the Stefan Keller handle sale!

Would be a great way to go, but I've been collecting burl from Mark (Burlsource) so excited to put some home-made fun on this. Won't be as nice as one of Marko's or Stefan's, but either way I feel like this was such a great deal on a MT blade that I couldn't resist!

Darn,
I missed the 225. I have a perfect ebony and blonde buffalo ferrule handle for it too. That's what you get for not being on the board as often, I guess.

Oh man, I need to be on here more often. You got any others coming up do you think Marko?

I have a few more remaining practice knives that I need to regrind and put up for sale, but after this, I might consider to offer some of my customs without handles, as handle making takes me 5-6 hours and I could offer a discount if a blade is purchased without handles. Most of Japanese D handles can be used and those could be purchased inexpensively.

I have 2x260mm gyuto, but they don't get as sharp as easily as my later HT ones. They still get plenty sharp, thin ground, good knives, but I its hard not to have latest benchmarks in mind while evaluating these knives.

I have a huge credit card bill coming up, so thanks to everybody who purchased!

M

Back