kramer on top chef

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I kind of thought that since this season is in Seattle that it would only make since to have Bob Kramer on as guest judge. But then I thought better of it because naturally it would have to some sort of knife/sharpening challenge which to me just sounded senseless. I thought for Sure that any chef who makes the cut onto the show MUST know how to sharpen a knife!? Man, I was Way wrong.
But IMHO, one of the best quick fire prizes Ever. Lucky bastard.

Many chefs aren't very good at sharpening....its not really as common as you'd think.

Most chefs let the knife rental guy throw their knives on his grinder its petty sad

OK so I finally watched it then promptly went to my garage and grabbed some rope. I used my Shun that won't totally shave and got bout 3/4 way through it. It was only 3/4 inch rope so I guess I'm about 1/4 way to learning how to properly sharpen my knives :D

i still have a big crush on kristen kish

=D

former model turned chef. rawr. lol.

Most chefs let the knife rental guy throw their knives on his grinder its petty sad

That's what cooks do with house knives. Chef's that use their own knives don't send them to the rental/grinder guy or at least I've never seen that.

i still have a big crush on kristen kish

She has to be one of the most talented Chef's on the show since the Voltaggio bros. Amazing talent for how young she is. I expect we will hear a lot more from her in the future.

She has to be one of the most talented Chef's on the show since the Voltaggio bros. Amazing talent for how young she is. I expect we will hear a lot more from her in the future.

i sure hope so. i keep wondering why she's been in the middle of the pack (being safe) in the past few episodes.

hmm sounds like she might be worth watching. most of the time I watch I see some bozo that everyone thinks is hot stuff but is colder than a ice cube in space.

my memory is messed up then..... lol, as it usually is

Holy crap that's crazy, how is it that we are so far behind? Despite it being on my pvr it was a "new" episode that was only recorded from the day before. Damn lol
They only just started airing it in Canada. Might have something to do with the fact that its on Food Network Canada. In the US, its aired on BRAVO.

Back