Lance Armstong on Opra

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He is despicable. After watching yesterday, I can't believe his callousness. Even in apologizing he still tried to justify his actions. He is a reprehensible man who should be stripped of titles and monies won.

Personally, I think that he should be forced to return all of that money to his sponsors.......provided that those sponsors refund all of the money that they made from those ads campaigns to the consumers who bought their products. ;-)

He did good for a couple of minutes, but then it went downhill fast..
Saying he was clean at races, but admitting he had epo delivered during the tour?
Both USADA and Michael Asheden are convinced he doped during his comeback.
Calling Betsy a cracy b**** and making jokes about it.
I think he is hoping to avoid doing hard time.

Lars

Personally, I think that he should be forced to return all of that money to his sponsors.......provided that those sponsors refund all of the money that they made from those ads campaigns to the consumers who bought their products. ;-)

After watching the interview, it seems pretty clear that the sponsors probably were complacent.

I understand your point in mentioning your experience, which is why I specifically stated professional athletes. Amateurs and students who compete through universities normally (with exception to olympians and highly sports oriented colleges) do not have the money or resources to have a proper regular doping regime. It doesn't really become a major important factor until the only thing standing between you and a 10 million dollar contract is a weekly injection

No You didnt.
When I eaten supplements this was for very same reason athletes are. Not to say result was same nor were my aspirations. But reasoning was similar.
Was that somehow making my trainings any easier/sweat sweeter/steel lighter/ribs tougher? Not.
1. If you say first three places in European Championships are amateur, then so be it. I dont remember but I think he was once 3rd and once 2nd or 4th, up to the tragic death of his parents.
2. I mentioned it was long time ago, so you notice I dont remember things. And the knowledge changes a lot, 10 years period might mean revolution. So what I thought of as very decent diet nowadays might be considered insanity. Who knows?
For example I remeber reading somewhere that humans body can absorb just up to 60 grams of proteins a day, and the rest is by some kind of reaction, which was just recently discovered [it was thought that aminoacids cannot be made into lipids] turned into fats and stored. Now, that is all I can remeber, so not much, but I never mixed soy/egg proteins with HG or Testosterone. Theres nothing in common.

i feel bad for him a little.....for the fact that so many in professional sports use illegal substances and he was caught and his titles stripped....it went from my daddy's a hero to my daddys a cheater overnight......for that one reason i feel for him a little....ryan

i feel bad for him a little.....for the fact that so many in professional sports use illegal substances and he was caught and his titles stripped....it went from my daddy's a hero to my daddys a cheater overnight......for that one reason i feel for him a little....ryan

I would too, if he hadn't attempted to ruin the personal and professional lives of those who told the truth about him before he was forced to admit the truth himself.

Not sure about 'over night' when he did it over a 10+ year period and was under very public suspecion for over half of that. It seems like more of "catch me if you can"

Ruthless ,calculating,decieving, all of these.Armstrong's fall is compleat,now the fallout.,Lawsuits esp.Brit. Newspaper Sunday Times who paid out 1 MIl. for Libel Suite.I'm sure more to come.

Guy's who win multible tours are not exactly shrinking violets.The greats-- Jacques Anquetil--,often not popular wt. the public because he won too much,In 1961 he held the yellow jersey fr. the second stage all the way to the final stage,no mercy.

The Great Eddy Merckx--called the Cannibal--Fierce competitor,won more stages over his career than anyone.Got punched in the kidneys by a spectator in his last tour.

Bernald Hinault-The Badger,an animal who will not let go of his prey-Tough as nails 5 time tour winner.On his 5th tour he took a bad fall,blood running down his face & broken nose,obstructed his breathing for the rest of the tour.As he fell back,Lemond his teammate was ordered back so Hinault could win the tour.Lemond at this point could have won the tour,but could not take advantage of his team leaders misfortune.So Hinault won his fifth tour & promised to help the young American win the next one.

1986 tour Hinault forgot his promise,wanting to win a 6th tour,he went on the attack as Lemond fell 4.5 min. back he could not believe it.Ruthless, calculating,decieving,oh my goodness,bring in the politically correct police.To Lemonds credit he got tough & eventually hammered his way to victory.

Just watching the first Opra,looks like Armstrong's goose is cooked,not any credibility at this point.

Almost all posts are negative.Many taking glee in what a piece of crap he is.Just remember it is so easy to tear somebody down,esp when they are in the dirt.It took being backed into a corner & his titles stripped,for him to come clean with no other option left,I feel if he could have gotten away wt. he would never admit it.Serious character flaws.

I feel if he could have gotten away wt. he would never admit it.Serious character flaws.

+1

But...I believe keith made an excellent point. Fame has become more important to him than anything else.

A foolish man indeed.

Back