Let's see your EDCs

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i've seen similar ones before. seen carbon fiber kiridashis on ebay. no clue how those things perform tho.

165490_10151654729615572_2021580867_n.jpg

Here are two of my EDC items. HK USP45 and a Custom Todd Begg :D

So, if you carry a pink knife it's a good idea to also carry a gun? :justkidding:

Small:
Traditional folder from JKI: iron handle, either white or blue #2 blade (can't remember atm). Really, really cool little knife. Everyone that holds it like it: oddly popular with non-knuts too:
[
IMG_2830.jpg

Med: Carter semi skinner with a few custom adjustments White #1 and iron wood. This one has been in my pocket for a long time and has seen some serious use. It's about time for some spa treatment:
IMG_2829.jpg

Lrg:
Rader midtech (he did all the grinding and HT) for Defiance knives in 52100, really not that much bigger than the Carter, but a whole different class of knife. Lots of power packed into a small package.
IMG_2861.jpg

XL:
Another Defiance knife by Rader, but it's stamped with "Defiance" instead of "Rader" like the other one. Pete's did the HT. The steel is 3V and it's insane. Probably the toughest, most shock and wear resistant steel I've used to date. It's surprisingly light of a full 6" blade, but you could totally chop down a tree or break down an elk with it.
IMG_2831.jpg

I bet you can actually find it if you drop it in the woods, tho.

There were a few reasons for the pink. 1st was when Todd was teaching me to make knives he would ask "So you gunna put pink scales on it?" id respond "no" "so you gunna put hello kitty on it?" Id respond no etc etc. When my order was final done for a knife it was pink lol.

Part of the reasoning to this was the joke, another part was the fact that I use this knife every day and he knew I would so it was even more comical to him :D But there are some serious reasons to the pink like if it is dropped in tall grass or anything you can find it (I have done this and know for a fact it helped lol) also it cuts down the chance of it being stolen.

Also I have always had an affinity to pink and black.

Lol, so reasons:
1 it was a joke
2 it was funny
3 actually, I like pink
4 maybe someone won't steal it

If think carrying a. 45 and knife may have more to do with #4 than the color.

Nice usp btw: that was the first gun that made me realize that "really nice" and "plastic" could coexist in the same description. And try as I might to like 9mm or .40, I just keep coming back to. 45acp as an edc cartridge.

Isn't todd known for his friction folders? I see the indebt in the indent on the back of the handle, but no thumb tab on the blade. Liner lock?

Lol, so reasons:
1 it was a joke
2 it was funny
3 actually, I like pink
4 maybe someone won't steal it

If think carrying a. 45 and knife may have more to do with #4 than the color.

Nice usp btw: that was the first gun that made me realize that "really nice" and "plastic" could coexist in the same description. And try as I might to like 9mm or .40, I just keep coming back to. 45acp as an edc cartridge.

Isn't todd known for his friction folders? I see the indebt in the indent on the back of the handle, but no thumb tab on the blade. Liner lock?

Todd just started making friction folders but he is really know for high end tactical knives. People have recently been going crazy for his friction folders but good ol locking blades are my preference. I have a Glimpse 5.0 on order and that will replace my pink one when it comes in. But that is a $4k-$6k knife v.s. a $1kish knife (Pink) so two very different levels.

The USP45 was a grail gun for me. I always wanted one ever since I was quite young and you would see them in movies and then videogames.

I generally carry my Glock 19 you can see it here in this shot some of my other guns.

1006269_10151863843470572_825977432_n.jpg

just did some reading on Begg and found this WIP thread:
http://www.beggknives.com/forum/sho...-5-0-WIP-planning-to-debut-for-spring-of-2013
damn...

You got a nice little collection of fantastic plastic that goes "boom." I've always been fascinated by glocks but they just never felt right in my hands and I couldn't shot them for crap. I think I'm just one of those guys that's been ruined by nice 1911's... which, I think, is why springfields XD felt right the first time I picked it up. I think my next gun will be one of those little XDS .45's.

I still don't have a black rifle, and I've wanted a JP for a looong time... but I know that getting one will lead to 3-gun competitions and that's another rabbit hole that I really don't need to fall down right now.

Did you get that at Japanblades? I was eyeing that up the other day

I just cleaned and sharpened this up. Had it a while now and it's a good size and profile for me.
image.jpg

Spyderco Sage 2 Titanium

Nothing spectacular here, not as much as some of the things you guys carry. Small and functional little knife, happens to be named after my second-favorite vegetable ('leek') ;) This is the D2 version which holds up nicely, I have yet to sharpen it. I love the easy one-handed opening mechanism and like the design even though it is by - eeek! - Ken Onion ;) Just kidding, his folders are designed well, functional and affordable IMHO. I carry a knife to cut things, not to fight zombies, so these smaller ones are fine for me.

Stefan

image.jpg

Cant really tell from the photo but is that the zipper welded version? 1660CB I think is the part number

Cant really tell from the photo but is that the zipper welded version? 1660CB I think is the part number

Yep, that's it. Says so right on the other side of the blade or I wouldn't know ;)

Stefan

Latest posts

Back