D. Martell Lookee what I've got coming tomorrow....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish! It likely got transfered from USPS, to mule, then to dogsled teams. At some time in the next bit, it will be transfered to snowshoe ninja's for the final leg of its voyage to the frozed wasteland of the central prairies.

Can someone tell me what happened to free trade? I thought that was supposed to help us poor folk out...

I wish! It likely got transfered from USPS, to mule, then to dogsled teams. At some time in the next bit, it will be transfered to snowshoe ninja's for the final leg of its voyage to the frozed wasteland of the central prairies.

Can someone tell me what happened to free trade? I thought that was supposed to help us poor folk out...

Lol sounds like getting penicillin to Nome. ie, Iditarod race

OK I've had this thing for a little bit now and would like to update my thoughts on it in case anyone stumbles across this while Googlin'

1. It's greatest asset is the ability to be removed quickly to change up the discs. Using the quick change Nielson system works great with this rig.

2. It really should come with a miter slot. I find myself wanting a miter gauge with this set up far too often. I would have paid extra if this was offered.

3. BIG GRIPE> The table is not flat - not even close. My table is buckled up where the pipe was welded onto the bottom and then there's divets where the welds are plus the corners are all low. I've been working on fixing this for too many hours to count and I'm still only 80% there because this table is TOUGH. Seriously - this is a deal breaker if you ask me.

My suggestion would be to machine both sides of the table flat and then bolt some kind of support for the pipe/pivot tube to attach. I realize that this would cost more but I'd pay it without question because what I have is a little more than difficult to work with.

OK I've had this thing for a little bit now and would like to update my thoughts on it in case anyone stumbles across this while Googlin'

1. It's greatest asset is the ability to be removed quickly to change up the discs. Using the quick change Nielson system works great with this rig.

2. It really should come with a miter slot. I find myself wanting a miter gauge with this set up far too often. I would have paid extra if this was offered.

3. BIG GRIPE> The table is not flat - not even close. My table is buckled up where the pipe was welded onto the bottom and then there's divets where the welds are plus the corners are all low. I've been working on fixing this for too many hours to count and I'm still only 80% there because this table is TOUGH. Seriously - this is a deal breaker if you ask me.

My suggestion would be to machine both sides of the table flat and then bolt some kind of support for the pipe/pivot tube to attach. I realize that this would cost more but I'd pay it without question because what I have is a little more than difficult to work with.

Dang, that sucks. Nothing like work surfaces that are not flat. I wonder if they would let you return it at this point, pretty pricy hardware for something that is not flat. Crap, even Central Machinery gets the flat part right 50% of the time.

If I had only realized how tough this was going to be I would have tried to return it before I went and worked on it. I was thinking that it would be an easy fix like a belt grinder platen and I was very wrong. :(

Dave,
cant you drill a few holes into it and bolt a flat plate onto it, with counter sunk bolts?

Hmmm. I got mine from USA Knifemaker. It's solid, perfectly flat, the preset angle guide is as far as I can figure, bang on 90*-45*. My complaint is the handles are a bit long, and sometimes are a nuisance. They do make for removing and adjusting the table slick. I would still rather them over a nut or allen key setup. From the pictures you posted Dave, Mine have neater edges and corners, and the table appears to have been flattened.

Hmmm. I got mine from USA Knifemaker. It's solid, perfectly flat, the preset angle guide is as far as I can figure, bang on 90*-45*. My complaint is the handles are a bit long, and sometimes are a nuisance. They do make for removing and adjusting the table slick. I would still rather them over a nut or allen key setup. From the pictures you posted Dave, Mine have neater edges and corners, and the table appears to have been flattened.

I was wondering how your table is. Hmmmm...maybe I got an earlier first run type model?

A machine shop could surface grind the plate and machine miter slot in it, but I don't know how the cost /benefit thing would work out.

I tried flattening it again today (4hrs work) and it's only at 89% done. I'm finished with this thing, I'll either get a hold of the manufacturer or a local machine shop.

Dave do you think a call to the company may be in order- especially if they are now making it different?

Latest posts

Back