• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Looking for a beater....

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Describe beater knives. Send me a pm, perhaps.

Something that isn't too precious to screw up while building skills.

I ended up getting the CCK-1303...and a couple of used beaters from Taz. Should give me a couple of different profiles to practice with...and enough hardware to use myself and let family/friends use...who knows, might be able to get one of them hooked :idea2:

The 1303 arrived yesterday. Seems like a pretty good bit of knife for ~$30. It's now the least expensive "good knife" I own and has made me a great deal more aware of the quality of my other good knives. I haven't gotten to do anything with it yet, that will be this weekend...at a minimum I'm going to do some cooking and will almost certainly at least take it to the 5k to smooth out the bevels, they are pretty rough...I don't own a stone that can make scratches like that.

Looks like I finally got some other folks interested in letting me sharpen their knives as well...I'm hoping to do a good enough job to generate some word of mouth.

Also, I splurged a bit on the 1303 and got the saya to go with...turned out that was made by Burke Cutlery...was a nice surprise. Good work Eamon!

I got one of Eamons saya's for my bread knife, nice stuff!!

Your 2 beaters shipped out today, so those will keep you busy!!! Check out the spine thinness on the reground ITK :)

Thanks, glad you dig it! I am hearing that weekly now...someone buys something and surprise surprise I made it, lol.

Back