Maker's Mark Oppinion Needed - See Picture Attached

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love the Duluth area, especially along the North Shore. I was just there in early July.

k.

It's weird to see the remnants of industrial prowess it once exhibited. But the lake Superior is absolutely gorgeous. I wold love to spend time there in the summer.

M

I think "Westchester NY" would look great--just like your avatar description. I have some straights that say "Worchester, Mass" on them or just "Worchester" or "Sheffield" and it's a very cool thing. "New York" has been hijacked by the city name, and the state will never be anything other than "NY" to those of us outside. New York brings to mind Broadway, immigrants, tall buildings, Jay-Z, Saturday Night Live and 9/11. Not exactly screaming "craftsmanship". But "Westchester, NY"...now that sounds like a city full of furniture makers, whiskey distilleries and Constitutionalists.

:2cents:

:)
Thanks for the tip. Will sleep on it and revisit tomorrow. I thought about it briefly in the beginning, but decided it was too long. With NY abbreviated, it might fit

Glad you're keeping New York. In all my years living elsewhere (never New York) I never met anyone who hated it enough to resent buying something made there. Maybe they wouldn't visit, but New York is a world class city as is Paris and London.

Your target customers are cooks with money. They love Cut Brooklyn, why not Tsourkan New York?

Your target customers are cooks with money. They love Cut Brooklyn, why not Tsourkan New York?

Indeed, why not? Mine is a better knife I think. Just kidding. I let others come to that conclusion. :)

Westchester is a county, so to be more accurate, I would have to put Fleetwood (hello Dave!) as a town I live and my shop is located (it's a suburb of a city of Mt. Vernon). Will try that.

M

Fleetwood is a bad idea. All those mid-westerners who resent the monied city folk who drove big Cadillac Fleetwoods back in the day.

Can't you just put a lid on your snooty attitude M? :)

well, I can't. In fact, I am putting together three logos for you guys to vote on. I can't make a decision. :(

All right folks, I need a helping hand one more time. I have had three logos made and would like you to pick one that will end up on my knives. I am a Libra by birth and completely incapable of this kind of decision. I like three of them equally. All three have a meaning for me. BTW, those diamonds in the first logo represent twisted steel (courtesy of Devin Thomas - the walking encyclopedia on steels).

So here are the three logos. Don't hold back. :)

new logo.jpg

LOGO1.jpg

LOGO04.jpg

I appreciate your feedback!

Well the first circle reminds me of the old US Steel logo and the triangle definitely reminds me of the radiation symbol. I think your original design looks the best.

Am I the only one who thought of Zelda when they saw the tri-force logo?

is this the theme song from the game? Ignorantly, I didn't care to learn who Zelda was, your tune doesn't connect.

M

is this the theme song from the game? Ignorantly, I didn't care to learn who Zelda was, your tune doesn't connect.

M

OH SNAP!

If you play Ocarina of Time and Link to the Past, you will never be impressed with another video game.
:eek:fftopic:

I like them all but the AT symbol works for me the best along with your name. Adding location to a mark is very traditional and seems to be done just as much as not so it's cool as long as you like it.

Marko, I feel your pain here, designing a mark is one of the hardest things I've ever done. Took me months of toiling and being made fun of by a special friend before I said screw it and just picked something. What a relief to be past that.

I like Tsourkan with just New York underneath.
and the round AT logo for the other side of the blade.

Thank Mark for a new perspective. I guess there would be no confusion as to what New York it is (not in Australia, New Zealand or Canada :) )

Done enough. Of course, you can't really tell until you see it on a knife . . .

How do they know which country's New York?

:tease:

Despite my earlier comments I think it looks pretty darn good.

I agree with spike.I do like an understated logo like Bill Burkes.

Bill doesn't need a nice logo to help market his knives.

Salty, no offense taken for your earlier comments. We go back a few years now... :)

Thanks, folks. I really appreciate your help.

M

Back