Masamoto gyutos on rakuten.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$258 for a ks 270mm with free shipping is pretty nice. anybody see the swedish stainless KS anywhere? i forget which store offers those

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/subaru/item/sw3127/

I believe that's it, in the masamoto catalog the Swedish series is all SWXXXX

Very cheap too... can someone attest to the quality and that they aren't seconds? AFAIK masamoto sohonten had very little stock left of the KS and SW gyuto's a couple months ago. Koki said that he would be getting more towards the start of December... So maybe they just have a good deal going with masamoto.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/subaru/item/sw3127/

I believe that's it, in the masamoto catalog the Swedish series is all SWXXXX

Very cheap too... can someone attest to the quality and that they aren't seconds? AFAIK masamoto sohonten had very little stock left of the KS and SW gyuto's a couple months ago. Koki said that he would be getting more towards the start of December... So maybe they just have a good deal going with masamoto.

Can't comment on the Masamoto's. But my Sugimoto's were BNIB and in perfect condition. Well packaged and all. I'll assume that these don't come with a saya as with the Masamoto's from Yamakawa, but that's just a guess.

Can't comment on the Masamoto's. But my Sugimoto's were BNIB and in perfect condition. Well packaged and all. I'll assume that these don't come with a saya as with the Masamoto's from Yamakawa, but that's just a guess.

Good to know!
After contacting the site owner it turns out he has all the sayas listed on his site apparently. They are reasonably priced and masamoto branded... 3200 yen for a 165 saya is pretty good.

I ordered a couple of masamoto SW's from subaros shop more than 2 months ago. It looked like they were in stock, but they werent :/ Then a mail said a bit later that the waiting time would be 2 months. I said ok, and started waiting. After around 1,5 months the money that was used when i bought it found its way back into my account. After that i sent a couple of emails asking what has happened, but no answers. I must have done something wrong, but i dont know what. It doesnt matter anymore, cause i bought other knives, but its still weird. I wonder if im in a couple of months is going to get a mail from them saying the knives has come in stock... Going to be interesting anyway.

Definitely interested to find out the quality of that bag... Looks very nice for the price!

That's the kind of bag I use, but in black. I like it, but it's not for everyone. Rather than having slots or compartments inside, it's an open cavity with two pairs of tie down straps. It fits a lot of knives, but you'll want to have sayas or edge guards for them, and it doesn't hold tools very well, unless you don't mind them loose inside. The vinyl is good and thick, but I do wish it was actual leather.

Guys, Korin has that kind of bag, I just bought one in black for $82.

Go and check it out. It suits me nicely since all my knives have saya or sheath.

Ferry

I bought a Masamoto KS on Rakuten in late summer and it was NIB and in perfect condition. Received it in less than a week and saved me $100. I'd buy there again in a heartbeat!

Back