Member. Memories.

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many fun memories - but learning so much from people here was special. Tinh (Tk59) and his precision come to mind...

Really wish Tinh was still active. I took part in a passaround he did right before he stopped posting. The passer was a knife from 'that site', 'made' by the guy who runs that site, that Tinh had reground by hand for a friend who'd made the mistake of buying the knife in the first place. One of the best cutters I've yet to use.

I'm in awe, with great respect, of anyone who can make 20+ yrs in the military. Congrats on your upcoming retirement Jason.

Got together with Danny when he was passing through my state. Sushi in a snowstorm and great conversation. We broke out about a dozen knives; our waitress was fascinated and joined us. 2 pots of tea later we closed the place. He was good to a noob like me, just the finest kind. I'll pour a dram of Yamazaki for him tonight.

Miss you Man
IMG_6485.jpg

I do not have a special 'moment' on KKF, but thanks to KKF I have got to know and meet some great people - many of who I do not hesitate to call friends. Until today I am in awe how professional makers who make their living with making knives are willing to share their know-how and spend their time explaining it to wanna-be knife makers like myself. I have experienced falls of some custom makers and every time others were willing to jump in and offer a helping hand.

I love seeing fanatic knife enthusiasts become well respected makers; Mario, Marko, Mert...knowing these guys get the nuances of what makes a truly spectacular performing blade, from the eye of a knut really makes their work that much more special.

Latest posts

Back