• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Miyabi Morimoto 600MC Gyuto Amboyna burlwood - 10 inch (257mm) SG2 Powdered Steel

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bkdc

Reaction score
This is a special beauty. I just sold an 8-inch a while ago, but this 10-inch gyuto is an almost ideal length for some of you. I also own the 9-inch which is one of my favorite knives for regular use.

This was Miyabi's flagship knife when it was in production, and sadly it is no longer made. The profile on the 9-inch and 10-inch knives of this series is about as good as it gets in my opinion. The handle is on the slender side, but it is a gorgeous amboyna burlwood. This series has one of the beautiful factory finished handles I've ever seen on a Western knife. It sold for a pretty penny when it was available.

Knife is BRAND NEW and comes in the original packaging. The factory edge is screaming sharp just to touch and on my fingernail. It was never used. I just didn't like the length. It is SG-2 (or R2) powdered metallurgy steel with stainless cladding.

Weight 231 grams
Cutting edge 257mm (10 inches)
Heel to spine 53mm

The asking price is $390 which is much less than I paid for it. The cost for purchasing amboyna scales and having it installed is crazy. You can get a factory installed beauty right here. I'm throwing in a bonus knife below as well.

Mori1small.jpg

Mori2small.jpg

Mori3small.jpg

Morichoil.jpg

20148.jpg

As a bonus, I will throw in a 9-inch (227mm actual cutting edge) Miyabi Morimoto 600S gyuto. It is made of a molybdenum stainless steel. It is an awesome thin workhorse that is not too brittle and has an excellent profile. This knife was lightly used in a home environment and touched up a few times on 4K stone and strop. Almost no wear.

Mori600S.jpg

Any info on spine thickness? Choil shot looks pretty thin but wondering about that aspect

Spine thickness

Spine above heel - 2.30 mm
Middle of spine - 2.05 mm
2cm from tip - 1.24 mm
1cm from tip - 0.95 mm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back