Murray Carter at Phoenix Knife House

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds pretty awesome!

One question. You do or do not respect him more as a person now? Sounds like he was pretty damn cool, in my books.

Absolutely do! There wasn't a lack of respect before...just that his online persona leaves people a little cool I guess. In person you can see that a little, but you can also see a guy who is passionate about the things he does, and willing to share and help others who are passionate about the same things. Even things like his sense of humor come across better in person because they don't come across as planned or scripted like they do online.

Altogether he really is what I'd consider to be a great guy. If I lived in Oregon I think we'd actually become fast friends.

I blame Son for making me have to catch up on school work.

Worth it.

I should've really had pictures taken, but I completely forgot about that.

I've always been a fan of Murray. He may be pretty radical, but he was one of my first big influences that got me into this hobby. He's got so much knowledge to offer, in more aspects than just making a knife. I respect his business model, because I always dream about the production mindset also. He's a great businessman, which is what I'm learning and improving on.

His personality is just like what you see in the videos, but he's very approachable; easy to talk to, not intimidating at all. Overall it was a great experience to meet him as well as meet Cris in person.

I should've really had pictures taken, but I completely forgot about that.

I've always been a fan of Murray. He may be pretty radical, but he was one of my first big influences that got me into this hobby. He's got so much knowledge to offer, in more aspects than just making a knife. I respect his business model, because I always dream about the production mindset also. He's a great businessman, which is what I'm learning and improving on.

His personality is just like what you see in the videos, but he's very approachable; easy to talk to, not intimidating at all. Overall it was a great experience to meet him as well as meet Cris in person.

So I'm curious, are you guys particular about your food as those of us that use your tools are? Where did you eat?

So I'm curious, are you guys particular about your food as those of us that use your tools are? Where did you eat?

Neither of us can remember the name of the place lol! I thought it was the German Sausage Company, but it turns out is was a little restaurant in the same building. It's directly across the street from Phoenix Knife House. Pretty good mahi mahi taco's though, and the spinach dip was delicious as well.

Man, it was OSHO Brewery! Just looked it up, right next door to German Sausage Company. Their food was a little pricey for what it was, but it was a bar. The burger was actually pretty good; well balanced and everything.

I'd say that I am fairly particular about my food, but I may not be the most informed person of that sort of thing.

Man, it was OSHO Brewery! Just looked it up, right next door to German Sausage Company. Their food was a little pricey for what it was, but it was a bar. The burger was actually pretty good; well balanced and everything.

I'd say that I am fairly particular about my food, but I may not be the most informed person of that sort of thing.

That's right! I know the Orange Blossom beer was pretty great lol.

Neither of us can remember the name of the place lol! I thought it was the German Sausage Company, but it turns out is was a little restaurant in the same building. It's directly across the street from Phoenix Knife House. Pretty good mahi mahi taco's though, and the spinach dip was delicious as well.

Man, it was OSHO Brewery! Just looked it up, right next door to German Sausage Company.

I was gonna say...if you had mahi-mahi fish tacos...you weren't at the German Sausage Company.

Sounds like you guys had a pretty amazing experience. When I was 8 or 9 years old, I met Joe Carter. I was so in awe that by the time I regained the ability to close my mouth and blink again, I realized I had what was once ice cream and was now sugary sweet cream in a soggy cone running down my arm and dripping off my elbow. I'm picturing Don like this (because he's younger).

Sounds like a great meet up. Congrats to those where were there.

Sounds like a great time. Damn lefty, you met Joe Carter, I'm jealous haha, alltime best childhood sports moment right there!

Yup! I met him shortly after their first World Series Title. I can't help but think our chance encounter outside of the ROM might have given him extra power in the 93 Series....

Also, Murray told me that he appreciated the sincere level if interest at the gathering in Phoenix. Nice job, guys!

Back