Name That Movie from One Quote

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's actually one of my irrational fears... that at one point I'll have a lapse of brain activity, resulting in me scratching my nose or my forehead or something while still holding a knife in my hand, and stabbing myself in the eye or something.
Knife salute... not going to happen for me...
It’s not irrational. Knives shouldn’t go any higher than the chest and far from the head and neck areas. Gotta be a Fremen to do that thing,😅

role of his career has to be the hitcher
Stole the movie with just the pursuit at the end. Catapulted Rutger from supporting roles to leading man(eg The Hitcher). His role in Blade Runner is still my favorite.
But you’re right. He was the lead as the antagonist in the Hitcher, so should be more important to his career.

Last edited:
An underated actor, I even liked him in blind fury. Not sure why they seemed to stop giving him good roles

An underated actor, I even liked him in blind fury. Not sure why they seemed to stop giving him good roles
Hauer said in the documentary film Blond, Blue Eyes (2006) that, from the beginning of his acting career, he has turned down most of the roles which held little interest for him. He has rarely accepted a role for the money. Hauer has also said he might have been brilliant in only two or three films. He considers his performance in The Legend of the Holy Drinker (1988) to have been one of these instances of brilliance.[1]

Hauer said in the documentary film Blond, Blue Eyes (2006) that, from the beginning of his acting career, he has turned down most of the roles which held little interest for him. He has rarely accepted a role for the money. Hauer has also said he might have been brilliant in only two or three films. He considers his performance in The Legend of the Holy Drinker (1988) to have been one of these instances of brilliance.[1]
actually tell a lie, his best work was the Guinness adverts, class, holding class in a glass

"I think knives are a good idea. Big, ****-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. **** 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro."

Back