NBA Thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rubbing one’s nuts on another man’s kicks should be a flagrant 2!
Lebron should’ve gotten a Flagrant 2 for this then😂
IMG_1621.jpeg

I miss this LA team☹️

@Mikeadunne. Better to lose to Pelicans to avoid the Nuggets at 2-7 match-up. Hope @Byphy Warriors beat the Kings then we have an epic showdown, LA vs GS for 8th(😬) and the right to go against OKC. That might be the best scenario for LA and Dubs to have a chance of extending playoffs for either team.
@BillHanna’s Celtics will have an injured Giannis and an out-of-shape Embid to worry about. 🤷🏻‍♂️

@Mikeadunne. Better to lose to Pelicans to avoid the Nuggets at 2-7 match-up. Hope @Byphy Warriors beat the Kings then we have an epic showdown, LA vs GS for 8th(😬) and the right to go against OKC. That might be the best scenario for LA and Dubs to have a chance of extending playoffs for either team.
@BillHanna’s Celtics will have an injured Giannis and an out-of-shape Embid to worry about. 🤷🏻‍♂️
Tanking for an easier path??? Kobe would never! I see Bron has brainwashed some Laker fans to adopt his approach 😂

The only good thing about an early exit for GS and LA is that it guarantees Steph, Bron, and AD will be healthy and available for the Olympics. What a team they’re building for Paris. The weakest links are Jrue and Halliburton 👀

1 2 3 4 5 6ers time! Healthy n without Butterfingers Harden. 10 9 8 76ers 🎵
View attachment 315781
I love listening to the sixers podcast the rights to Ricky Sanchez, not bc I like the sixers - just bc I absolutely adore Philly guys talking **** about everyone on the team they love. It’s amazing comedy

I love listening to the sixers podcast the rights to Ricky Sanchez, not bc I like the sixers - just bc I absolutely adore Philly guys talking **** about everyone on the team they love. It’s amazing comedy
lol Well I’m glad you’re up to date on the best sports city on 🌎😉 The truth is Philly fans are as knowledgeable and invested as any fan base in the world. They hold their teams and their players more accountable than anyone anywhere. They demand greatness… BUT greatness is difficult so the boo birds havta let their voices be heard when the players don’t hold up their end of the bargain. I’ve lived in SoCal most of my life and LA fans just don’t roll that way. They’re just so.. 🤔..content? ..with whatever product is wearing the purple and gold or Dodger blue. I mean no offense my friend, it’s just that as a whole, that’s how the sports media is out here and it trickles down to the casual fans. I’m sure @birdsfan knows what I’m sayin 🦅

Content is a decent characterization - I think the lakers have won 9 chips since the year of my birth. Granted I wasn’t aware of the first few really
lol love the humble brag 😂 my nephew is 4 and has already witnessed 2 championship failures between the Phillies and the Eagles.. as he cried after each loss I told him he better get used to it 😅

I’m sure @birdsfan knows what I’m sayin

Funny my name would be mentioned in an NBA thread, since that is the only sport I don't follow intently. As a middle sized chunky guy that can't shoot, it was never a sport I took too. As far as the media goes, I dont think the media trickles down to the fans, I think the media reacts to the fans.

Yup, Philly sports fans follow their teams and players with great intensity. We do hold players accountable, not necessarily for greatness, but for maximum effort and integrity. Philly is a blue collar town and fans work hard to earn that money for tickets to the game. Nothing will bring the boos faster than a player appearing lazy or complacent with failure. Two of the most beloved current athletes in town, Jason Kelce and Bryce Harper, really connect with the Philly fan. While it is true that they will both likely end up in their respective Halls of Fame, what really endears them to the fans is that they work hard, they always hustle, and they admit when they didnt play well, and are clearly upset with themselves about it. A few years ago, a relatively new Phillie, Alec Bohm, committed 2 fielding errors in a game, as the boos began to erupt, a TV camera caught him mouthing "i F&#$ING HATE THIS PLACE" In the press comferences following the game, rather than denying or disembling, he admitted that he said it, and said he was just frustrated with having made 2 errors. His honesty brought him closer to the fans. When I was at the game on Monday, I saw nearly as many Bohm jerseys on fans as Realmuto and Turner jerseys.

Philly fans are fully invested, and we don't accept half hearted fandom either. You dont leave a game before it is over and you D@MN STRAIGHT don't wear another teams jersey. The whole week after an Eagles win, the town is in a good mood. You great everyone with a nod and a "Go Birds!" When they lose, there is a pall over the town. I don't even want to talk about the mood during the last 6 weeks of the season last year. "Silver Lining Playbook" did get it spot on, so did "Invincible" with Mark Wahlberg.

As far as the Sixers go, and again, I am not a basketball fan, but there are two things that a lot of fans have a hard time accepting. First, is the "process" which refers to a period when the Sixers seemed to intentionally tank to gain lottery picks. As stated, Philly fans don't accept intentional failure, always expecting maximum effort. Second, the Sixers have broken their hearts 3 years in a row now. Last year, they had a chance to beat Boston to advance to the Eastern finals, and then choked 2 straight games displaying, what many described as, a lack of intensity and desire. All that said, Philly is pretty hot at the moment, 8 in a row I think. But the town seems a little reluctant to open their hearts....

Back