Need help conceptualizing

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Learn something new every day on here. I need to come up with a home version of that for post fishing trip family fish fry nights.
On wire racks over sheetpans held in hot boxes that are heated with sterno

Learn something new every day on here. I need to come up with a home version of that for post fishing trip family fish fry nights.

Why? Can't you just cook them to order?..You can use a low oven with paper towel lined trays, or go out and get a rack and half pan. Family fish fry must be a lot of people!

It can be as many as 12-13 people. It usually involves a couple of different recipes, like panko breaded and beer battered and a couple of species of fish. Lots of small pieces in a SMALL deep fryer. We used to do it in an electric wok back in the day , but that was when it was only 5 people. The rack and the half pan sounds like a plan. Better than the paper towels,I would think.
Why? Can't you just cook them to order?..You can use a low oven with paper towel lined trays, or go out and get a rack and half pan. Family fish fry must be a lot of people!

Take Alton Brown's solution: The wire rack, turned upside down(so the flat part touches the paper) laid on a stack of newsprint. The oil will run down, and immediately be absorbed by the contacting paper, and kept off your food(instead of holding it against the food like plain paper, or beading up like a raised rack.

Macadamia nut sticky rice cake?
Don't always need a starch , I don't serve starch with most of my fish.
I do my sea bass" lime and coconut" crusted with purple Peruvian potato Salad and red chili vinaigrette
If you such google "lime and coconut sea bass " my recipe and pic's should be on top of the search list ?

Macadamia nut sticky rice cake?
Don't always need a starch , I don't serve starch with most of my fish.
I do my sea bass" lime and coconut" crusted with purple Peruvian potato Salad and red chili vinaigrette
If you such google "lime and coconut sea bass " my recipe and pic's should be on top of the search list ?

That sounds good, but I have decided to do it with curried red lentils. Tested it last night and it works real well with the Carame-Preserved black bean sauce. Pungent curry and Sweet and Sour Caramel works great sort of yin and yang

Colin I am storing that macadamia nut sticky rice cake for the future!

Well it was as I feared.....none of the ingredients that I requested was available....good thing I brought the lentils with me. But d*mn if I forgot the preserved black beans. Oh well, I found some black soy and used that instead. Napa substituted for baby bok choy, he ran out and bought me some pork tenderloin and haricots.....

For someone not accustomed or really wanted this bad, they would have paniced (another guy there was a freaking tornado, because of him hogging the space and not working neat, I picked up something hot and got a blister.) Welcome back to the kitchen Bert!~

Pork came out absolutely perfect, he felt that the lentils were too salty, which is unusual because I am known for my not using alot of salt on things.

And because I stupidly left my phone in the car, no plate pics available. Guess I really didn't cook anything and just woke up with this stupid blister, huh?

So I will hear back about days scheduled and talk $$$. Now how do I convince him I only want 30-40 hrs a week?

Back