Now What? I will never get caught up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldya look at that hunk on the far right!

OK, I had to take a quick look.
Stabilized Door and a Bunch of Blondes.
011-1.jpg

I should just set up a tab with you......man, that loose grain stuff in the video is super killer!

Thats a lot of wood. Amboyna, maple and redwood?

about 75 lbs.

This is the 2nd batch of the World's Best Redwood and Sycamore.
Plus a few odd pieces.

With the Sycamore I changed how I was doing the cutting so hopefully they will look better than before. (bigger flecks)
Plus there should be several pieces of Sycamore burl.

This batch has some smaller single handle sized blocks as well as doubles.

I wonder how much coffee I need to drink to stay awake and work all night?

I have empathy for you all that wood to list. Sorry you are so buried. You can just send me an invoice for a black palm block:biggrin: Just trying to help a forum member out.:rofl2:

Try the MIO Enegry drink stuff. 1 squirt in 8oz of water gives you 60 mg of caffeine, plus ginseng and other stuff. No calories, no sugar, etc. I did some of that for work and a 20oz bottle of water with 2 squirts of the MIO stuff was enough to keep me awake for an 8 hour shift!

And cheaper than a can or any other energy drink.:thumbsup:

Yuppo!!! $4 does 24, 8oz servings. Black Cherry and Lime Thunder are pretty decent taste wise, but the "squirt" for the 8oz serving is hard to measure. Too much MIO and it gets a nasty sweet flavor, so I usually go a little lighter on the MIO.

Mango peach looks popular on amazon. Love this place always learning something new.

I have been loving the normal flavors. My fav. is pomegranate berry. Also you get 24 uses in the reg., and only 12 in the energy.
:gunner:eek:k back to normal thread topic.

I just use No Doz and Coca Cola. Cheapest of the bunch, and better tasting.

That koa video got my attention. It seems like every time I order from Mark, within a coupla days even more awesome stuff shows up!

Exactly. I really need to start convincing myself that "this is the single possibility of a lifetime" wood every time Mark posts something new and amazing beacuse it now seems to happen every darn week.:scared4:

DarKHOeK

All i have to say is i am going to have to just your postman.....weekly

Exactly. I really need to start convincing myself that "this is the single possibility of a lifetime" wood every time Mark posts something new and amazing beacuse it now seems to happen every darn week.:scared4:

DarKHOeK

Could be worse. Every piece of wood is Inherently different and unique. You could be addicted to Stohan burled redwood tables. I bought one in Monterey. I had to have the table I bought I knew there would never be another identical.

http://www.zhibit.org/profile/stohans

DarKHOeK

I do my best to try to keep getting new and more unusual wood all the time.
You never know what will show up next.

I just received a big ol chunk of Mark's ugly koa. Man is it ever ugly, it is so ugly my wife grabbed it and walked away with it....I think maybe Mark, i will have the same problem you have....Wife will have a small collection of handle blocks sitting there to look at lol....I just want that koa back :D Super killer stuff buddy!!!

Mike is teasing me about the Koa.
When I sent it, I told him that it is ugly stuff and that he probably won't like it.

There's so much movement in my piece i got seasick looking at it.

Yep, I bought a $100 xl block with stripes a while back. Love it! Definitely a cherished piece.

I won't get to see my koa in person until Marko is finished with it.

(Which is just fine by me!)

Johnny - you are not going to regret it. I'm in debate on what I want to do with mine and that high grade redwood too.

Johnny - you are not going to regret it. I'm in debate on what I want to do with mine and that high grade redwood too.

I'm sure I won't regret it. Koa will be used on either my Shigefusa 240mm or a Carter 270mm.

Marko does a killer finish on Koa. So I am sure you will like it.

As far as I can tell, Marko does a killer finish on everything.

Marko just rehandled my shig Kitaeji 240 with the Western Burl Cedar I won from Mark and it is a killer finish. My dilemna now is what do I want next...two pieces of koa and the redwood means three future knives heehehe

Got my ugly koa, too. Had to get 2 pieces (one for me, one for hubby) and wish we'd gotten more...but then again, there's that ugly redwood burl to consider.:justkidding:

Seriously, this stuff looks like a giant piece of tiger eye.

Back