Now What? I will never get caught up

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been admiring Mark's offerings, with a bit of envy about his sources for premium koa, but with a super-human effort in self-control I have not gone totally crazy buying pieces beyond a few selected ones - that is mostly because I have too much wood as it is and I enjoy hunting down my own pieces and having them stabilized (admittedly also saving a buck here and there by doing this). That said, a lot of what has been offered here recently is really top of the line compared to anything I have seen in the past 4-5 years that I have been looking at woods. When I just looked through the inventory again, I saw that there is still quite a bit of spalted mango. Maybe it's the island bias, but that wood does not seem to get the attention it deserves - IMHO a really nice and interesting lighter colored wood for handles. Just saying...

Stefan

Thanks for the kind words Stefan
It is kind of like treasure hunting for me.
I also go through a lot of wood that you guys never see.
Kind of like the old "Gong Show".
I make my best guess when buying raw wood, but a lot of it gets gonged.

The mango is a little slow catching on but a real nice wood.
You could call it a sleeper. You don't notice it at first, and then........
S***, I forgot what I was going to say.
It was really good too,....I think.

I've bought and used some of Mark's mango before, some of it dyed if I remember correctly. I keep looking at it on the site, then see something else that draws my attention away.....

No Rosewood in this batch but I think I have a few pieces stashed.......somewhere.

I was going to do the self discipline thing and wait to unpack these until I was done with the stuff I was working on.
Well...............that lasted about 5 minutes.

Killer Koa, you have to toss a virgin in a volcano for stuff like this.
004-1.jpg

Indonesian Striped Ebony and Camelthorn (acacia from Africa)
002-4.jpg

More killer Koa.
003-3.jpg

Forget the other stuff.
I am getting to work on the Koa.

Maybe I should have a kOA SALE?

I've been looking for some of the ebony, is this going to be in stock sometime soon?

My plan for this weekend is a bunch of pre-cut scales for western handles.
003-6.jpg

My apologies if anyone was waiting on new scales.
I got caught up in cutting and sanding scales.
So....in a couple days I will be adding 50+ new sets of scales to the web store.
Sorry about the delay.

Latest posts

Back