ODC (Old Dirty Carbon)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice scimitar, love the blade not only useful in the kitchen for cutting meat but nice knife in case of zombie attack, lol.

image.jpg. Did some scimitars for some local butcher friends. Liked the message on the blade.

Does that Say "My Cutting My Charge" ? LOL, I have one of My GGPaws that has that on it. So I was wondering if it says the same thing, and Yes ! He was a Butcher .

Picked these up today. 11" forgecraft utility. New Central American bocote wood handles. Local knife maker did the work here in Austin. Sharp as all hell.

E7C88E98-435B-4884-A0D0-0998DE9B609E_zpsqlhm0j61.jpg

B48E09DC-B09D-473D-B4F9-FF62D147C2FB_zpshmidy8w7.jpg

Got my new Ontario butcher knife back from our local knife maker. Original Hickory handle was in rough shape, so in addition to refinishing he put on a set of kirinite handles. I wanted something a little different looking for the handle so I know its mine. And everyone else knows too. :)

Butchernewhandle_zpscfa09fb6.jpg

This one just arrived from the bay. Excited to try out the shape tomorrow. It was pretty blunt, so I hit the stones for 5 mins and it came up shockingly sharp, very fast. I can see why these are coveted. There is a slight issue with the grind on one side close to the heel, but I don't see it being a big problem, and if it is I'll either fix it, or just live with it.

q19VDlx.jpg

wNnWrHn.jpg

hgGHs8M.jpg

From the photos I would say it might be a very slight overgrind, or just a microbevel you didn't hit. Nothing to worry about.

Just picked this up from the post office. 10" forgecraft chef. Going to send it off for rehandling and refurb. No rust that I can see, no pitting. Just some bumps on the spine. Straight as an arrow. Really happy with this one.

9455196B-DD3C-4A51-AB65-B9B574C589AF_zps4vbd8a47.jpg

F41483A0-5A4E-471C-A8C7-2BF562ADB153_zps5cpybiry.jpg

FBCC6487-0797-4521-8407-41C06B494E87_zpssq8vqeom.jpg

Back