Off topic..Thomas Keller, what a racist

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I used to go to Vinyl Haven Maine in college.
On the way was a roadside shack that served lobster rolls. Theirs was a mayo lobster scraps salad spread on a hamburger bun and then fried on the flat top in butter like grilled cheese.
It was way better than watermelon or waffles...

Yeah, I’ve been eating waffles my whole life and never really felt they needed chicken.

Would that be the same as netted melon?

Muskmelon (Cucumis melo, Reticulatus Group) is a vining plant in the Cucurbit family. This warm- season crop is sensitive to cold temperatures and requires a fairly long growing season from seed to marketable fruit. While often referred to as cantaloupes, melons with the characteristic netted rind are actually muskmelons. Cantaloupes (Cucumis melo, Cantalupensis Group) with their hard, very rough, warty rinds are not grown commercially in the U.S.

Netted melon can refer to a number of cultivars, including muskmelons.

Muskmelon (Cucumis melo, Reticulatus Group) is a vining plant in the Cucurbit family. This warm- season crop is sensitive to cold temperatures and requires a fairly long growing season from seed to marketable fruit. While often referred to as cantaloupes, melons with the characteristic netted rind are actually muskmelons. Cantaloupes (Cucumis melo, Cantalupensis Group) with their hard, very rough, warty rinds are not grown commercially in the U.S.

Netted melon can refer to a number of cultivars, including muskmelons.

That explains a lot. I grew up in South Florida where it was always called a cantaloupe and came from God knows where. Definitely not a local crop. My wife grew up on a farm in the Midwest and calls them muskmelons. I guess I've never had an actual cantaloupe, because what we ate back then sure looks like a muskmelon now.

Cultural criticism has become a thriving business. Notoriety from complaining about things instead of contributing in any way.

most people dont have anything of meaning to say so it's much easier to just b*tch and moan about anything you disagree with instead of trying to come up with something remotely interesting to discuss.

Red Lobster has FRIED LOBSTER AND WAFFLES SERVED WITH SYRUP! Where is the outrage?
xSLPxCb.jpg
Forget outrage, what locations cause that photo is making me hungry.

Forget outrage, what locations cause that photo is making me hungry.

I hate that im looking at something from red lobster and thinking hmmm that looks pretty good

I didn't know "Food Stylist" was a thing until I started doing this. Red Lobster's is a good one.

Early in my photography career, I was a digital assistant on set for a shoot for A national fast food chain to shoot new images for their menu board. The food stylist took an hour to prepare the “salad” (the law says everything in the pic needs to be edible but doesn’t need to be the actual item being served) using individual drops of glycerin applied via a medical syringe. I was shocked how much work went into it...then I found out how much a food stylist is paid! By far the highest paid onset, even more than the photog (whoise dayrate was $10k for “creative” alone).

Overall pretty cool though seeing the stylist work and how they make food look/behave certain ways!

I hate that im looking at something from red lobster and thinking hmmm that looks pretty good
I can't pretend that Red Lobster all the rage when I was a youngster. Oh how things change when you go to a decent seafood restaurant for the first time. It was like finding out the tooth fairy looks just like your parents.

Early in my photography career, I was a digital assistant on set for a shoot for A national fast food chain to shoot new images for their menu board. The food stylist took an hour to prepare the “salad” (the law says everything in the pic needs to be edible but doesn’t need to be the actual item being served) using individual drops of glycerin applied via a medical syringe. I was shocked how much work went into it...then I found out how much a food stylist is paid! By far the highest paid onset, even more than the photog (whoise dayrate was $10k for “creative” alone).

Overall pretty cool though seeing the stylist work and how they make food look/behave certain ways!
I wonder when that law was applied. I know at least up until the early 90's milk commercials were using glue.

Back