Official East Coast Gathering thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should have some new blanks back from K&G, all cleaned up and ready to go that I'll bring with me.

I'm not sure if I can make it. It'll be a last minute decision. I really hope I can do it.

I'm still in as of right now, might even bring the lady, lol.

I am going to see if i can switch some of my schedule around and drive down for the day.

I hate to admit if but if my wife will let me go, I'm in. With the Caps making the playoffs I use up a lot of my points going to the games!

I know we are talking a day trip but since I won't be bringing any knives (mine are not worth bringing) I've got some killer wines I can bring.

bring any knives you have you might be surprised at the things we bring or like with us. Not always the high end stuff.

I just saw this and I will try to make it out. Send me the info.

Another one I will miss... Oh well, maybe one of the next ones.

Stefan

This batch of brandy is incredibly spicy. The year the peppers were harvested was particularly hot. The hotter the temp outside the hotter the peppers will be inside. I will see if I can take some of the sting out.

I just realized I am actually off the weekend of the 2nd, I will have to see how long of a drive it is out to PA.

Ouch, 12 hours, no way I would be able to make this one, have fun guys!

Ouch, 12 hours, no way I would be able to make this one, have fun guys!
LAME!
I drove 11 hours last year. Stayed in Philly for 10 hours and then drove 11 hours straight back to work!
I'll pick up your Red Bull tab!
Ironman it Pete!!!!

Knyfe -- make it up to NoVa, and you can drive up and back with me. Will be a same-day trip, though. I'd offer you a room, but my M-I-L is arriving the day before (plus the baby pretty much guarantees there is very little sleep at night).

Just realized I can not make it. Next time guys.

Hmmm... 10 hour drive. I would really like to make it to one of these gatherings.

Vincent (sharpening apprentice) and I will be attending. :)
See you all there!

Mari, Yes, have him bring well soaked stones.

Here's the list of responses so far. Last year about 25 people came but this year people are using, "We just had a baby" and other bogus reasons to maybe not show. I'll PM my address to the people attending.

Ecg 2013

Yes
Dream Burls
Marko Tsourkan
pitonboy
Seth
Son
JonnyhChance
Mingooch
Beohbe
Jmadams (2)
Mari Korin (2)

Maybe
WildBoar
The BoardSMITH
orange
marc4pt0
Jared08
Bill13
Knyfenerd
Mike Davis

Move me over to the maybe list. Might have to work a wedding that weekend. Will not know till a few days before

Mari, Yes, have him bring well soaked stones.

Here's the list of responses so far. Last year about 25 people came but this year people are using, "We just had a baby" and other bogus reasons to maybe not show.

For those on the fence...bring your kids, Craig is GREAT with kids:)

I've been known to give infants custom made knives. This one by kalaeb (the knife, not the kid).

baby with knife.jpg

I am on team maybe as we'll...trying to work out the transportation details

ECG is a week away. I've received some PM's re: can/can't come so a list is useless. There should be a good turnout, though!

ECG is a week away. I've received some PM's re: can/can't come so a list is useless. There should be a good turnout, though!

Well, this sunday it will be a week away.

I have the day off from work, so I am definitely in, and will be providing transportation to some others.

Well, this sunday it will be a week away.

I have the day off from work, so I am definitely in, and will be providing transportation to some others.
Okay, if you will be there I think I can get a hall pass, provided I can bring some salmon and duck prosciutto back home with me for the wife. She still gets dreamy when she remembers the food you brought last year... And if Matt attends and makes another pork shoulder, I am fully prepared to sneak some home, eat it myself and tell my wife there were not any leftovers at the picnic. :D

Latest posts

Back