Official East Coast Gathering thread

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok, so far it's looking like I'm still able to go. But I'm still on the maybe side for now. My plan is to make it a day trip, it is only 3 hours away after all. That said, I'm wondering if anybody else here is interested in tagging along. I live right outside Baltimore beltway, so if anybody else in the area that's planning on going (day tripping) let me know. I can drive or tag along plus throw down $ for gas/bev/foods. Although, the idea of open road, solitude and Pearl Jam/the Verve sounds pretty awesome....

Ok, so far it's looking like I'm still able to go. But I'm still on the maybe side for now. My plan is to make it a day trip, it is only 3 hours away after all. That said, I'm wondering if anybody else here is interested in tagging along. I live right outside Baltimore beltway, so if anybody else in the area that's planning on going (day tripping) let me know. I can drive or tag along plus throw down $ for gas/bev/foods. Although, the idea of open road, solitude and Pearl Jam/the Verve sounds pretty awesome....
Marc, I plan on driving up from Alexandria. I typically take 95 the whole way up. It will be a day trip for me as well; I'll probably have to head back around 4:00 pm, just as the real moonshine drinking gets underway.

I'm bummed I'm not going to be able to make it. With work and this court crap, I just can't swing it. Maybe next year...

Marc, I plan on driving up from Alexandria. I typically take 95 the whole way up. It will be a day trip for me as well; I'll probably have to head back around 4:00 pm, just as the real moonshine drinking gets underway.

We should discuss this some more. Your timing sounds pretty much along the lines I was thinking. Unfortunately won't be able to stay for the Real fun...

Of the people going, are any of you bringing non-knife nuts? wives? significant others? kids? anything like that? The wife was asking because although she loves to use the knives, she doesn't really talk about them like us crazies :)

Of the people going, are any of you bringing non-knife nuts? wives? significant others? kids? anything like that? The wife was asking because although she loves to use the knives, she doesn't really talk about them like us crazies :)

Tomorrow I should know what I am doing.

I won't be able to attend this year but thanks to Craig for the invitation and I hope that you all have a great time. Oh and take some damn pictures this year! :)

My wife usually goes, but can't make it this year. She may have been the only non-forum member there last year, although in previous years there were usually quite a few.

Okay, if you will be there I think I can get a hall pass, provided I can bring some salmon and duck prosciutto back home with me for the wife. She still gets dreamy when she remembers the food you brought last year... And if Matt attends and makes another pork shoulder, I am fully prepared to sneak some home, eat it myself and tell my wife there were not any leftovers at the picnic. :D

Oh yeah I forgot about that. I currently don't have any duck prosciutto in the works and if I started some now it wouldn't be ready in time. Maybe I will bring something...but not sure what this time.

I won't be able to attend this year but thanks to Craig for the invitation and I hope that you all have a great time. Oh and take some damn pictures this year! :)

what? who are they going to get to sharpen their knives?

what no free knife sharpening? LOL

I think if everything goes well I am going to being some marinated flank steak to grill and eat on a stick.

I would like to attend again. I was thinking of making Linzertorte. -Doug

My wife is coming with me. She's a therapist who deals with addiction so she might be looking for some new business.

Ok I'm in plus 1 as my wife will be joining us this year. Anyone need a ride?

If anyone is coming the night before, PM me if you want to get together for dinner.

Butch Harner will be there. He's bringing the tuna sword 3 neckers and about a dozen other knives, so bring plenty of $.

I am definitely coming. The wife and daughter might be coming as well.
Chris

Ok so I was hoping to have a couple (3) of surprize rehandles done for ecg but Jantz screwed up my delivery and the pins and spacers I ordered 2 weeks ago are still "processing". Arrrghh!

Or... Bring the gear and I can bring the little I've been stocking up and we just build handles there....? Maybe? Eh, just spit ballin...
Slow night

Ok so I was hoping to have a couple (3) of surprize rehandles done for ecg but Jantz screwed up my delivery and the pins and spacers I ordered 2 weeks ago are still "processing". Arrrghh!
You've got to call them. They'll remedy the situation. Otherwise, you'll be waiting a while......

Oh, I'm definitely not going to be able to make it. I really wish I could, especially with all the new people coming this year.
I hope everyone has a great time. I expect updates & pics ASAP!

Back