Official Forum Bird thread?

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried this tonight for the first time. I sliced some meat from the breasts to try and even things out elsewhere so it looks pretty butchered, and the tenders were still frosty so they got mangled. Did a spinach, mushroom, onion, garlic, bacon and pecan stuffing with a little thyme and rosemary. Had some cheese that was going in there but forgot it on the other side of the stove :curse: I overstuffed the thighs and had a reverse stuffing going on at the back end. Was going to make a mornay sauce with the cheese but by the time my gf got home neither of us were very hungry so I just sliced a couple of pieces from the thighs to try it. Cooked at 350 until the inside read 150 and then cranked it up to 450 for 10 min. I love trying new techniques,for me at least, and the whole bird intact along with the lollipop wings were nothing I've done before. Hopefully the breast comes out looking a bit more...normal? Hehe

Looks good, Cashn.

I just did a very simple one with little stuffing. After completely deboning two chickens with my Koishi honesuke I laid in parma ham, olive tapenade, and pine nuts. Salt, pepper, and then roll up and tie with butcher's twine. I like frying it for 10 minutes on two sides and then finishing in the oven for around 20 minutes. Internal temp around 61 Celsius. Rest for 12 minutes.

I wish I had a better photograph.

9e267a55628efd9812f6.png

A few weeks ago, I finally got around to trying this...tonight was my version of a whole, tandoori chicken a la galantine.....very pleased with the results...

I rubbed with a mixture of lemon juice, a special dried red pepper that amounts to a red dye, and a bit of turmeric...let sit in the fridge for an hour, then coated with a homemade tandoori masala:
21375943656_e524f983c7.jpg

After about 2 hours at 300F w/ cherry smoke:
21214325968_c5b7c2c663.jpg

With a bit of Kagekyio pron:
21215394199_32166e6823.jpg

Stuffed with brown basmati rice, and a bit of left over pork shoulder:
21410560631_7b7a7cf7dd.jpg

Latest posts

Back