Opinions on a Knife Roll

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Colin's story about using his knives for self defense, made me think of how I frequently have mixed feelings when toting my bag on my walk home. I typically have up to $2-3k in knives plus gear in my bag. Depending on the time of night, it can be a little nerve wracking, especially since the new restaurant is in a seedier part of town(what better place for a BBQ joint?). On the other hand- I'm toting around what is tantamount to short swords, i.e. concealed weapons. Could get tricky to explain if the cops are feeling restless... I've been planning on getting my concealed carry, but I'm pretty sure it doesn't cover large edged items.

I remember the first time I got pulled over and a cop saw a large hot splitting cleaver in my back seat, text two was a box of 5mil contractor garbage bags and a whole case of delta black Magic (black nitrile) gloves. Needless to say he wanted to look in the trunk.

Mine is the brown one on the bottom. This ain't bad for $99! And the leather is soft and broken in too. Doesn't take up too much space when rolled out either and comes with a nice sized zip pocket. I also use the Ultimate Edge too.

20130517_124511_zps8c816f43.jpg
20131101_224340_zps483f75e9.jpg
ECG2013-31_zpsc5aaa4ed.jpg

Back