OT - I Hate Apple!

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am glad i never got on apple band wagon.
The only thing I might consider buying is the ipod touch but I am still very far away from it seeing how they do not even have custom equilizer and the sound quality is less than many other makers devices.

I am glad i never got on apple band wagon.
The only thing I might consider buying is the ipod touch but I am still very far away from it seeing how they do not even have custom equilizer and the sound quality is less than many other makers devices.

I was in the Apple store yesterday, and the place looked like Xmas-time, packed. And not a single person who understood even the basics of technology. Everything is done by magic. Pitiful!

Hello/my pc died last week! That was my 4th one in 7 years. I just purchased a mac. I was wondering where the tower was - there is none. It's all in the screen. What happens when the screen gives?? So far I love my big mac . Marek

I was just thinking of getting an iMac myself, but I can get a similarly powered desktop for 1/3 the price if I went the pc route. Is it worth it? I've never had any problems with any of my previous desktops or my current laptop. Aside from all the virus's aimed at Microsoft, is Apple really that good?
-m

... is Apple really that good? -m

Is your Damascus knives worth what your charge for them? Well I voted with my pocket book and said yeah, because some things are worth what they cost. Thing is I've never been able to convince myself that Apple products are worth it.

I was just thinking of getting an iMac myself, but I can get a similarly powered desktop for 1/3 the price if I went the pc route. Is it worth it? I've never had any problems with any of my previous desktops or my current laptop. Aside from all the virus's aimed at Microsoft, is Apple really that good?
-m
Yes, Apples good -- but so are many PCs. You do get what you pay for, but there's simply no need to spend the extra money on an Apple computer unless your main goal is to impress the other kids who think they're cool. Windows 7 is rock-solid, and it will run all of your old software and use your old data without any problem.

Bert, ever get your phone contacts back? I know on my Mac my phone numbers on my phone are also backed up in my contacts on my computer.

Yes, Apples good -- but so are many PCs. You do get what you pay for, but there's simply no need to spend the extra money on an Apple computer unless your main goal is to impress the other kids who think they're cool. Windows 7 is rock-solid, and it will run all of your old software and use your old data without any problem.

Glad Windows 7 is work out for you, I have been using macs since 1986 with no problems. There really was no pc option for publishing back then. Once pc's caught up with the mac's I was already hooked. I don't think macs got it's cool factor until the iPod came out. So i guess i was using them before they would impress anyone. One thing that is brought up all the time by none Mac people is the price. Apples prices are very completive for similar pc hardware. Apples philosophy is all about user experience, so they really won't sell any hardware that will not run there software well, since they do both the hardware and the software. And there software is usually on the cutting edge. Other pc companies are mainly selling the boxes and go for a cheaper entry level computer with a weak video card and processor, knowing that a lot of software will have trouble running on it, but it is really not there problem since they don't make the software. So you will see an entry level pc start around $300 and an entry level Mac start out around $1,000. but if you look a the Mac specs and then match it on a pc the price is usually pretty close. I guess a lot of it also depends on what you use your pc for. A $300 pc is fine for word processing, but you would not want to play high end video games on it.

On the high end Mac Pros that I use they are a lot cheaper than dells with the same hardware. The last Mac I bought was 3 years ago and has dual quad processors (I do a lot of 3D work and need the horsepower). I tried configuring a Dell with the same hardware and they wanted triple the cost.

Hello/my pc died last week! That was my 4th one in 7 years. I just purchased a mac. I was wondering where the tower was - there is none. It's all in the screen. What happens when the screen gives?? So far I love my big mac . Marek

Apple did have an issue with some iMacs a few years back with screens going bad. I have one of them. I don't regret the purchase. I bought used/refurbished though when it arrived everything was wrapped up and packaged like brand spankin' new. I paid about 1/3 less that way.

The screen didn't give problems until after a couple years. I deal with it using an external monitor, no big deal. My entire family has been using Macs as long as I can remember, and every one has performed wonderfully pretty much until they just got so outdated they were replaced. We're talking about over a dozen models in the last 20 years or so. The towers can be upgraded for a long time, the all in ones (like iMac) can be relegated to other uses. Somewhere we have an old school Mac plus that will still fire up, though with hard drive memory measured in MB, it's not the tool it once was. In my experience, Macs are very much overbuilt.

One thing that drives me nuts in the whole Mac vs PC comparison debates is software. I don't care how cheap your PC is, unless you buy extra software for it, you can't do squat out of the box. Apple provides a tremendous package with all their iStuff and you can actually get things done. True, professional programs are typically much more full featured and what I usually use myself, but often I like the user interface on the Mac better when comparing those very same programs (photoshop for example). For the record I HATE interfacing to my computer with itunes. I really, really wish I could plug my iphone in and see it like a removable device same as I would a camera card. Nope. I have learned the workarounds to deal with it.

Yeah Mac is just an overpriced PC now anyway. Same processor and chipsets.....And no one has come up with a new innovative OS in decades. Maybe with Intel's new 3d architecture somebody will start from scratch and forge ahead with new ideas.

Back