• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Kitchen Knife Forums and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Pappy Van Winkle for trade/sale

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

welshstar

Reaction score
Hi

Not been posting much lately, just watching. Been using all my new knives and getting used to them, still feel like a kid in a candy store when I cook.

Anyways I have three bottles of Pappy Van Winkle ten year old and looking for creative ways to monetize it, if your rich and wanna buy then im open to cash offers but as I know there are not many rich people here I thought I would see anyone has a cool knife to trade, wine is good for trade as well

Just fishing around, I know that the Pappy is hyped right now and thought id see if anyone was interested, please don't knock me for trying !!!

Alan

Hahaha, PVW hyped but nevertheless still one heck of a bottle of bourbs! ;)

I thought the youngest age statement on the Pappy's was the 15? Been trying to get my hands on the Rye forever.

In Europe its almost impossible to get. Most of the few bottles that come on the market every year are US only.

Don't even start looking into this, getting into higher end booze is a bottomless pit. ;)

Stefan
This is true. I started drinking single malts about 2 years ago and I do throw more money into that pit compared to the knife-pit. Having two expensive hobbies is probably the end of sanity.

This is true. I started drinking single malts about 2 years ago and I do throw more money into that pit compared to the knife-pit. Having two expensive hobbies is probably the end of sanity.

I have this tendency to spend money I don't have on things I don't really need, and when I was collecting single malts, I finally realized that. I want back to a reasonable level and spent my money (well, some of the bank's money as well) on my wine cellar until I realized that having 800 bottles exceeds the definition of 'reasonable' by quite a bit ;) After things went down hill on the job side and facing bankruptcy last year, things are more in perspective now... That said, I would really like to try a PvW some day...

Stefan

Don't even start looking into this, getting into higher end booze is a bottomless pit. ;)

Stefan

Lol no worries on that front, I rarely drink. My dad likes a good bourbon when he comes off the road so I like to get him a nice bottle of something different every Christmas. Which is usually about when he finishes the bottle lol. Though considering the rarity of this stuff I am going to assume it is fairly expensive! :crazy:

Wel said Stefan. I only have around 25 bottles in an ever changing composition, I only buy a new bottle after I've finished a bottle.

what does this stuff go for? googled it an saw a huge array of pricing so wasn't sure what was what

what does this stuff go for? googled it an saw a huge array of pricing so wasn't sure what was what

It starts way above the $100 US mark for the 10yo, the older the vintage, the higher the pricing. Almost exponential.

Much like Kramer knives, a lot if this is in the resale. Julian keeps it pretty reasonable, it only gets dumb when resellers get to inject the hype. That being said, it tastes very good.

I received a bottle of Pappy for my 40th from my employer at the time. It was amazing. It took 4 years for that bottle to be drank. Wishing I had another but since the sale of the distillery the price has shot up regarding old stock. Guessing that people don't think the new owners will have the care and touch so they are scooping up that stock. GLWS

Retail the Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year old 107 proof is about $40. If you can find it, and if the shop owner hasn't jacked up the price. Some stores ask for ten times that. Those don't really seem to sell, maybe eventually, but people don't gobble them up at that price. The actual aftermarket going rate for the ORVW is about $150.

The other releases are more desirable and fetch more. Both the 15 year old and the 13 year old rye retail for less than $100 but sell for $400-450.

It is illegal to sell alcohol. This thread is closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back