Passaround: SharpWorx Professional Guided Free Hand Sharpener

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did you buy it from the manufacturer directly or their dealer or private 3rd party? if it's direct and the product is different than advertised then you should be able to return it. Obviously videos maybe outdated and product maybe upgraded since then, but if that video is on the product page, then they should note it. If the video is just on their yt page, then likely not. I guess what I am saying is there are many many caveats there and we need a bit more details.

As for their return policy, it's pretty hard one and def discourages trials, etc, but I imagine it's there because it's a very small business and it was up to you to read their faq and return policy before making the decision.

I am also thinking about this system, but waiting for v3.0 when hopefully a lot of concerns mentioned here will be addressed, however, without a passaround, I dont think i'd ever buy it because such systems are REALLY picky when it comes to individuals workflow, experience, and engineering savvy (what to adjust and where), so I would need to use it for 1-2 weeks before being able to take the plunge.
I bought it direct from the manufacturer, all the videos I watched showed the manual clamp AND the magnetic clamp but on their web site it just show's the magnetic so I cant complain as I guess I should have looked carefully at the web site pictures. It was the videos with people being able to rotate the knife with out taking it out of the holder that attracted me but they don't offer that anymore. I think the restocking fee for something that you not only haven't used but also pay the shipping speaks volumes of the integrity of this company, I emailed them 1 day after receiving it so it wasn't like I had it for weeks.

You may have better luck than me, I just tried my wa petty and it's not designed for small knives in my opinion, also if you put a little too much pressure when sharpening, the spine of the knife will detach from the magnet and go flat on the stone, scratching the knife, the full clamp would have avoided that. Just be aware, if you don't like it and want a refund, tough luck. Their return policy is in the link below. Good luck but I don't recommended
it.

https://sharpworx.net/policies/refund-policy

I bought it direct from the manufacturer, all the videos I watched showed the manual clamp AND the magnetic clamp but on their web site it just show's the magnetic so I cant complain as I guess I should have looked carefully at the web site pictures. It was the videos with people being able to rotate the knife with out taking it out of the holder that attracted me but they don't offer that anymore. I think the restocking fee for something that you not only haven't used but also pay the shipping speaks volumes of the integrity of this company, I emailed them 1 day after receiving it so it wasn't like I had it for weeks.

You may have better luck than me, I just tried my wa petty and it's not designed for small knives in my opinion, also if you put a little too much pressure when sharpening, the spine of the knife will detach from the magnet and go flat on the stone, scratching the knife, the full clamp would have avoided that. Just be aware, if you don't like it and want a refund, tough luck. Their return policy is in the link below. Good luck but I don't recommended
it.

https://sharpworx.net/policies/refund-policy
I don't know how big their company is, to be honest, but I imagine maybe 1-3 people at the most. I think the owner is actually a user here... @SharpWorx but he hasn't logged in since november.

I don't own this machine, but as I mentioned, I wouldn't buy it without trying v3.0 passaround (if it's ever available) for the simple fact that it's the kinda product I really need to use it. So, ya I hope the owner reads this and is willing to give you an accommodation or fix this situation in another way, but I def feel your buyers remorse

Back