Perfect line slicer

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just saw the tojiro zen lol! 40 dollars for a 210 petty! Insane, has anyone bought one of these things yet? I wonder how bad the handle is on it.
I use one on the line, panda has seen it. Its not terrible its a D shape, I am getting my rehandled though. But for $50 bucks shipped and vg-10 blade the geometry of the balde is nice on the 210 suji.

I picked up 2 of the Tojiro slicers and the last (ordered 2 but could only get one) of the utilities. I am going to make my first handles.... figured i could give them away when i am done. Worst case i can but the old handle back....
Also, over $49 shipping is free...

Let me know when you go to get rid of one. I'd like to get one of the 210 Pettys.

I have a 210 White #2 Tadatsuna suji/petty that I have no intention of parting with, but the Takeda Sasanoha 210mm on that one website looks pretty great. it's a tall suji, and the kurouchi is good for line work.

AS you mentioned 180mm, do be aware that some makers make the handles smaller for this size. I prefer the regular size handles on the 180mm for the western handle version.

rgds
d

Suisin Inox 240 suji is pretty solid as a line slicer and a line knife in general, good enough for David Chang to use all up on The Mind Of A Chef series. And around 125 ish.

cutleryandmore just stopped carrying tojiro zen 210mm suji / petty

=(

Back