Picture Party

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some pics for the party:

qoSWyaHh.jpg

aAJz9JEh.jpg

E86rAqzh.jpg

LCJ1UuFh.jpg

WOjhCEbh.jpg

Video WIP of the gyuto:

[video=youtube;DWhETyExH38]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWhETyExH38[/video]

Alec Baldwin, rock of ages:

"Oh my god, I just threw up"
"Where?"
"In my pants"

Wow, gonna be so worth the beat down someone's wife is going to give him.

Ian, super cool video!! Love your meticulous attention to detail. I will be thinning the heard very soon for one of your masterpieces. Your my hero

Ian, super cool video!! Love your meticulous attention to detail. I will be thinning the heard very soon for one of your masterpieces. Your my hero
Thanks, I've always wanted to be somebodies hero! Or a hand model. Same thing.

This one's a bit out of my wheel house, but thought I'd give it a go. First harpoon EDC. What do you guys think?

zHNsUgVh.jpg

Never knew I needed one of these until now. You just keep bringing the magic, don't ya

This will be at the Portland Knife Show on the 24th & 25th. I'm also working on a matching gyuto. Let me know if you guys have any questions.
-275mm
-52100 & 15N20 Wave
-5270 year old bog oak, mokume, & snakewood

DJpTsofh.jpg

8QqzVQPh.jpg

2zDXgxZh.jpg

9Sj1cUmh.jpg

YdG9gkbh.jpg

Gorgeous knife - I really like your work. Just out of curiosity, I suppose it has to be re-etched if a sharpening is required?

Gorgeous knife - I really like your work. Just out of curiosity, I suppose it has to be re-etched if a sharpening is required?

Thanks! Anywhere steel is removed it will need to be etched for the pattern to pop.

Thanks guys.
Here's a more proportional photo:

Lijzmxfh.jpg

Handle detail:

K0YmuWZh.jpg

Dude.

My basement flooded today. I'm running a fever. In bed sweating bullets about new menu launches this week on top of this other crap. Decided to pop over to kkf and peruse, and this is the first thing I see. I mention all this jazz because this little duo actually makes me smile. And it hurts to smile right now. Outstanding work, Ian.

We have to talk about the whole western handle thing!! I want on your list so we can discuss something special. I really like the profiles of your gyuto's, you have it nailed.

These 2 knives are going to look great together in my kitchen. :biggrin:

Dude.

My basement flooded today. I'm running a fever. In bed sweating bullets about new menu launches this week on top of this other crap. Decided to pop over to kkf and peruse, and this is the first thing I see. I mention all this jazz because this little duo actually makes me smile. And it hurts to smile right now. Outstanding work, Ian.

Really sorry to hear about the basement and fever. Feel better!
Maybe you need a little cowbell?

Carbon fiber....nice stuff just not my cup of tea. I really want a petty or two and I guess I'll have to talk to you about the spot for feb. I'm kind of wanting a special set or I don't know just yet....when do I have to decide?

cheers

Mike

Back