Pizza dough - Thin and traditional

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine few days ago as a present for my 30th birthday

1479647399050.jpg

There's a shop here called Herbies too which is the best for charcuterie, a George Mews cheese on my street and the Afghan Man, things seem to be around, just need to find them.

So I made my burritos and they were good, the leftover guac went on #2, so somewhat ignore it, it got a bit wild...

Missus wanted goats cheese added to her prosciutto and fig, seemed like an alright idea...

aw8CbkC.jpg

LgGxxSv.jpg

h9tBxnE.jpg

cs6YaK9.jpg

I need a stone. These are alright but without upping the heat they can't get "great".

Two nights ago I made one with prosciutto, pear and chèvre. It was so good that I'm making another one tonight.

The game changer for me was having a piece of 1/4" steel plate cut to fit my oven. It was about $25 and was money well spent.

I'll have to wait - I'm renting at the moment, however will buy early next year once I find out where in the world I am. Part of buying is outfitting my kitchen how I want it, which means a commercial oven.

So, I had to rush out and buy some figs...

15168874_10155596263698916_6306039041482576842_o.jpg

The ham is not proscuitto, but my own home-cured coppa.

Two nights ago I made one with prosciutto, pear and chèvre. It was so good that I'm making another one tonight.

The game changer for me was having a piece of 1/4" steel plate cut to fit my oven. It was about $25 and was money well spent.

Prosciutto, pear & chévre.

And the leftover dough creates kale and mascarpone for the next day's lunch...

15138335_10155596329483916_1898151097012230015_o.jpg

You can see the pizza stone I'm using (actually I have three so that one can be hot in the oven and ready to cook with while the other two used are used for proving dough / serving).

About cookers, my previous cooker was a pizza disaster - too cold - and I had to do pizzas on the kettle BBQ.

Now I have a Zanussi induction hob with two electric ovens (large and small) - the large one is fan assisted and gets up to around 260 - 270oC

I no longer have to cook pizzas in the garden!

Artichoke,

I mixed the kale with olive oil, salt and balsamic vinegar and then added it to the pizza with about one minute of cooking left to go.

Your pear and prosciutto pizza looks great.

Last time I had pear in a savoury meal was in Treviso in north east Italy... it was ravioli stuffed with pear and served in a creamy cheese sauce. Delightful. Thank you for reminding me of it!

Those all look great. Man.

One recipe to try is blue cheese, prosciutto, rocket, pear and walnuts. It's not my topping, stolen from a pizza place - Bentham St Pizza in Yarralumla, Canberra, Australia where I always used to go. It was divine - They have a gas fired oven though, an electric one may not work the same, flavour wise? Just a passing thought, i'm still solidly new to this.

I actually have some in the oven now, but not on a pizza..

I've been experimenting with crust...

1JKnZ3M.jpg

yhLGqJ8.jpg

Which was fine, I was enjoying the pizzas...

So I delved more into it...

1 week later i've turned this out

hRCKjP1.jpg

Now to apply my starter to pizza dough!

Pieman, Coming along nicely. These two pizza's look like your best effort. Lets see the bottom and a piece after you've cut it.

Scissors are very useful for cutting pizza. It doesn't crimp the edge as much a roller does.

I just use my cooks knife.

Mucho Bocho - I forgot to take a photo of the bottom, but here is my very first sourdough pizza, using a starter that I made.

It's straight up Creme Fraiche on the bottom... I'm leaving the country for Christmas, so another "Gotta use up what's left in the fridge" special.

UwjSCC7.jpg

8sPRJs7.jpg

Back