Possible Lamson Collaboration Line of Knives

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dang...that mock up from Pierre is sweet. This is cool beans for the knife we have been talking about. Man. I love this place. Kind of special to see something like this come together with not only enthusiasm but some serious design and thought by everyone here but especially Pierre and Lefty and their hard ass work on this.

Dang...that mock up from Pierre is sweet. This is cool beans for the knife we have been talking about. Man. I love this place. Kind of special to see something like this come together with not only enthusiasm but some serious design and thought by everyone here but especially Pierre and Lefty and their hard ass work on this.

+1

+2 :)

great work

Yup. Thanks to both of those crazy Canucks! And this awesome forum!

I can't wait for my knife to be ready... :spin chair: and oh yeah, that was a lotta reading. :) great job, great process, great project management!@!

I vote convexed and no rounded heel. I really would prefer the look/harkening back to older knife making of a brass bolster but shaped like the 2nd mock-up but understand that it seems to be locked in. No spacer in my opinion.

i continue to come back to this thread to re read stuff, so interesting, love this place

Really like that handle! I don't feel there's need for a spacer. And three pins in the same size would do it. I don't have much to say on the grind since I would be talking out of my behind. Concave or flat, as long as it's well done and thin behind the edge. Great job, Tom and Pierre! (And everyone else) Can't wait to see a prototype.

Really like that handle! I don't feel there's need for a spacer. And three pins in the same size would do it. Concave or flat, as long as it's well done and thin behind the edge. Great job, Tom and Pierre! (And everyone else) Can't wait to see a prototype.

:plus1:

One thing I was thinking about was the use of Loveless bolts for the scales. A lot of vintage knives used something like that. It would be a little unique without the pretentiousness of mosaic pins.

I am loving this !! 47 pages of Pure Enthusiasm!! I cant wait to see the Prototype, It is sounding FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!!!

Lol, I give up trying to follow this thread. 48 pages in 10 days. Has to be some sort of record.

here's a few folder pics I gleaned with brass/dark wood. The second shows some patina.

f6b1bef5.jpg

PICT0422.jpg

both harken to classic combinations on non kitchen knives such as ones you've posted and fixed blades like hunting knives....

i'm good either way g10 or brass/copper/bronze

but i am leaning more towards g10 for aesthetics.

a thought just popped into my head, in all the talk about the esthetics of the handle, I can't find any mention of actual specs.
My 8" & 10" chef's knives have handles at least 5 1/2 " long 1 1/8 H & 3/4" W. I know every one doesn't have big mitts
but I need enough wood so it doesn't feel like a #2 pencil

how come my previous post asking about input on bolsters got deleted?

has anyone thought about the weight? maybe not an exact weight but a ball park preference? i think 220grams or so would be the in the neighborhood of what i would like.

nm, didn't read all five million pages and a lot of things are already locked down which i'm not excited about.

what about a KKF version of DT ITK for pro use?

Why not just get a DT ITK? They work great for pro use.

nm, didn't read all five million pages and a lot of things are already locked down which i'm not excited about.

what about a KKF version of DT ITK for pro use?

Ummm just get a DT ITK??? :dontknow:

Not to take this too far off topic, but how many DT ITK's are there out there circulating? They haven't been available for some time for new purchase correct? Just BST dreaming?

Not to take this too far off topic, but how many DT ITK's are there out there circulating? They haven't been available for some time for new purchase correct? Just BST dreaming?

Well about 4 appeared on BST over the course of a month not long ago

They come in spurts. They also go quite quickly when they do show up.

Back