Post-Sandy Roll Call

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any idea if there is problems in Fairlawn, nj ?

I can't reach my uncles :(

From what I've been able to gather, hurricane force wind gusts have had a major impact in Fair Lawn, but flooding has been minimal. There are power and phone lines down, but no serious flooding like in other places. It may take until next week until service is restored. It's likely your uncles are okay, but without power or phone service.

Link: http://fairlawn-saddlebrook.patch.com/topics/hurricane+sandy+fair+lawn

Rick

Holy ****..no power. Alive. Damage but coping. Towns r literally gone in some parts including where our wedding is in a few weeks

No I need a place that cand hold 300 people a dance floor and bring in our on catering. It ain't looking too good

From what I've been able to gather, hurricane force wind gusts have had a major impact in Fair Lawn, but flooding has been minimal. There are power and phone lines down, but no serious flooding like in other places. It may take until next week until service is restored. It's likely your uncles are okay, but without power or phone service.

Link: http://fairlawn-saddlebrook.patch.com/topics/hurricane+sandy+fair+lawn

Rick

Thank you for the information. ill try to call again in a couple of days.

Most area in Queens should be okay beside those trees fell down. One of the worst is lower east side Manhattan. I work at the hotel in that area and they said the earliest we can get the power back is on Monday :(. The good news is the gas stations should get supply this afternoon. Glad you okay right there Marko....

We got power back late last night. Opened back up today.

I talked to Ryan tonight, he said that he's still without power and gas. He's in a sucky situation for sure.

Oh boy, that sucks. I hope everybody will get back to normal soon.
Stefan

We got power back late last night. Opened back up today.

Yea, us too. power came on and we were told to show up as quick as we can an be ready for customers. we made pancakes, eggs, and bacon because, that's all we had. next day had 80% of the menu redone and tomorrow hopefully, we get the rest of our stuff. The problem is most of the produce companies and vendors are on the lower west side next to the water. lot of them got wiped out. No seafood in much of the city right now. Contingency plans and good seafood vendors are the key. Things are being driven in from other states and fedexed over night.

My aunt lives pretty close to Theory; here power finally came back on early last evening. Hopefully Rick and his CC fared well.

Latest posts

Back