Preorder Sign-Up (Harner/McLean Parer)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not in, can't afford it ATM, but Tom, tell Butch to bring one by my bistro so I can play with it when they are done. Then maybe I'll be in, lol

haha everything you make sells like tickle me elmos at christmas.

Haha. Thanks dough! Everyone, thanks for your interest. Butch and I are trying to figure out the best way to go about this one. I've essentially begged him to make more than the original ten, but he's a busy, busy guy.

No pressure lefty, but out of curiosity, what is a ballpark timeline looking like on this project?

Hopefully around a month(?) They're all being cut out now (Butch is likely seeing stars), but the factor that really complicates it is that a knife is a knife, and a parer still takes all of the steps of a normal knife. Butch really pounds them out, but ten of the same knife is enough to drive anyone a little loopy! :D

That's great news. Sooner than I expected frankly.

This, my friends, is what we call busting ass and making progress:

299515AB-B5A2-4F61-95A7-4E92137590F4-12922-000010AEB545E687.jpg

Thanks. I might actually get it printed and put it in my shop or office...

If you're keeping a waiting list, I'd love to be on it. These look great!

Tom those look spectacular.

What kinds of grinds is Butch putting on these?

Thanks, Don! These are all done with a hollow grind, on a 4' platen. Wicked thin behind the edge is all Butch does or kitchen knives. :D

D'oh. I remember reading that, dunno why I forgot.

Butch is a wild, wild man, and his work is just awesome.

That's an interesting trick for those tips. I might have to steal that from Butch...

Lefty, I know you hate this question and I know your super busy/crazy these days, believe me I'm not pushing you, just like to know where this project stands at the moment? Thanks again for all your hard/thankless work that you do for us on this forum.

Just sneaking in a few replies, while at the cottage.

The knives are very very close. :D Butch's tireless QC made it so we decided to hold a few back (because he won't send out anything that isn't close to perfect). With that being said, they shouldn't be long. On top of that, I've been using only the parer and the "Rodrigue and McLean Prototype" since I got here, and I'm in love with both!

Guys, I'm still away on vacation, but I need your shipping addresses (the guys who have paid). Please email me your addys @ [email protected]

Thanks guys!

Also, can you guys include your KKF "handles" in the emails?

Thanks!

Sorry to post about this again, but I still need a few addresses for the parers. They are ALL finished and ready to go!!! For those of you who contacted me about a saya, please send that info along with the address, so I can get organized on this front. I'm still battling cottage brain, I think....

Thanks guys!

Oh yeah, Dusty and Huw, since you're fifth cousins, twice removed, did the shipping idea get sorted out? :D

Here's a pic that I stole from Butch. Some of you might have already seen it....

07F81CF0-4964-4121-9150-CE32EF054252-2312-0000033F5F5C5828.jpg

Latest posts

Back