Raquin nakiri passaround (US only)

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ian

Refined, yet toothy
KKF Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

@bryan03 has very generously made a nakiri just for us undeserving KKFers to use in a passaround! The point here is to get some more first hand reviews of Bryan's knives out there, not that he doesn't have a billion fans already.

Specs

185mm heel to tip, 55mm tall at the heel
145sc core steel, xc10 cladding
Weight = 179g

Rules

There will be 10 participants, US only. To indicate your interest, please reply to this thread, but participation is limited to extremely well known KKF members. For instance, if you've been on the site less than 2 years, or have < 500 posts, or don't think of yourself as a very proficient sharpener, it's probably not worth it to ask to participate. Since there are only 10 spots, it's unlikely that everyone interested and qualified will be able to participate anyway. Edit: maybe this comes off a bit high and mighty. Apologies. I’d love it if everyone could have a shot at it, but to complete the PA in a reasonable amount of time, and without destroying the knife, it makes the most sense to structure it as above.

If you're chosen, you can use the knife for a week, and you should post a thorough review of the knife to this thread. The knife should be shipped fully insured for $500, say. If you break the knife, you buy it, and if the knife gets lost in transit and you didn't insure it, you buy it. You can sharpen the knife upon arrival, but please sharpen as minimally as possible, and don't sharpen before sending it out. The main reason we are limiting the PA to only extremely well known members is so that it doesn't lose 1.5mm in height after 6 people, like in the Magnacut PA. If you're picked, remember that we're trusting you not to destroy the knife. Sidewalks are for walking on, not for sharpening Bryan's knives. :p

At the end of the PA, I'll pick a participant at random, and that participant has the option to receive the knife, as long as they then make a contribution to the Red Cross.

Last edited:
Whoa, definitely interested, I want to try his work for a long time now.

Edit: Woops just saw the requirement, very reasonable give the high value of the knife, good luck to those who able to participate.

I’m not sure I’m that well known
I Believe in you:love:

But ain't that easy. I did a PA on the German knife forum with Radiona Breg when he was pretty unknown. Also one with Lundbergs.
Spare still owes me one and Gravier. Milan and I wanted to do one for over a year now, also European KKFers included. Always got postponed, he's quite busy.😔

Brb need to make 300 more posts... /s

Looking forward to the reviews 👍
Seriously. Can I request video of someone tap chopping as quickly as possible 1/16” slices through half an onion, some kind of stiction (ginger?), and a wedge test with bonus cracking sound? Pretty please?

Last edited:
Reactions: ian
Reactions: ian
I’m in Portand so happy to be batched wherever, I’m in no rush

Back