Ready Made 225mm Gyuto

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's never easy to go on vacation haven't completed a lot planned, but I need to stop and rethink how I do things going forward. I need to figure out how to tackle issues that have dogged me from the very start - order management, deadlines, etc, stuff that throws me of. Need to do a lot of thinking.

One thing I want to assure everyone is that I will make up for the long wait and hopefully I won't disappoint.

M

I'm sitting on a balcony over looking a harbor with my wife and a bottle of wine.. My kids are with my sister. My office can't reach me. First time away from my kids for more than 18 hours in almost 12 years. Everybody needs a break Marko. You will be better for it and so will everybody you deal with. Make the most of it.

Marko, just curious on the where abouts of this project.
I've emailed you with my new address and hadn't heard back in a week or so..

Thanks, Ed Lee.
-also, your pm box is full!

Ed,
I sent you an email to your gmail account a few days ago. Will free up the KKF mailbox now.

M

Marko, I didn't seem to have gotten any emails from the past week. I'll send you a pm! Thanks!

2x 225mm gyotos are coming up.

One with a maple handle and one with cocobolo handle and saya.

I have more in works.

20131016_233712.jpg

The next batch of 225mm will be larger - 4-6 knives, and I will start as soon as these two are finished.

Second coming up and then the next batch right after. This one still needs maker's mark etched and final polish. Final pics will be coming next week. The saya should withstand being stepped on without cracking.

20131018_130237.jpg

20131018_130210.jpg

It looks like just another knife that I made. :)

For me it's two birds with one stone - show new work and let people know what their knife is completed.

M

So when you say the saya should withstand stepping on it without cracking, did you step on it? :biggrin:

225mm laser in 52100 with fiddle-back maple handle Spine thickness at the handle, 3.3mm, 3mm over the heel, 1.75mm half way, and 1.5 50mm from the tip, .9mm 10mm from the tip. The blade still needs final polish and name etched. This one also have a slightly flatter profile than one in the previous post.

The knife is taller than appears in the picture (48.5mm)

20131020_133922.jpg

A quick updated on these. Almost all blades are being worked on. Some are near completion, some are just rough ground. Will be posting completed blades in this thread. Thank you for your patience.

M

Warapping up the practice knives batch from the last offering and will start on ready-mades.

From those, one is already completed, and the rest will be worked in two batches.

Yours should be done in time when I will start shipping leather sayas.

Thanks,

Marko

Back