Ready Made Honesuki & Honesuki/Petty Hybrid - True Single Beveled w/Hollow Back

Kitchen Knife Forums

Help Support Kitchen Knife Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. I wish I saw this when the sign up happened. That looks truly amazing.

It is long shot but if anybody changes their mind I would love to take one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've never been a fan of golden bolsters on silver blades, but other than that it looks equally stunning and fuctional, great work, Marko!

Stefan

Outrageous Marko. Any lefty knives in the bear future?

I've never been a fan of golden bolsters on silver blades, but other than that it looks equally stunning and fuctional, great work, Marko!

Stefan

Stefan,

I agree with you. A long time ago a really good interior gecorator told me you never want more than one metal finish in a bathroom or small kitchen and I have carried that belief onto knives. That's also why I don't like liners.
Of course opinions are like.....
I do love the blade, blade size, and the wood!!

I like gets best contrast with dark woods, so dark accents are to make woods like maple a shot.

In the picture the handle hasn't been polished yet. Polished brass looks so much more attractive.

Thanks folks, this is sort of exercise kind of wondering around looking for colors, texture, shape as I am discovering a Western handle.

M

that knife looks the business I'll take it! Just playing, but that looks like a serious chicken destroyer, look forward to more as always Marko, the western looks great.

A knife isn't a bathroom or a small kitchen. I've several knives with brass bolsters. After a patina develops, it looks good to me. I like it. Guess I'll never be an interior decorator.

I am behind all my work, due to a number of factors, but I hope to produce knives that are popular and offer them as ready made periodically, once I get through my orders I accepted payment for which weren't finished at the time. From now on, no more of these.

First one is completed.

DSC_1103.jpg

DSC_1102.jpg

DSC_1099.jpg

DSC_1100.jpg

DSC_1101.jpg

That is one fine looking honesuki!

Thanks guys, it's still a work in progress, but hopefully after 2-3 of these I will become more efficient.

Marko

You know what I realized? There's no picture of the back. Can we see the ura?

Sure, but it will have to wait till tomorrow. I will put a straight edge on it and will try to capture the hollow.

Are you still making these knives for those of us who signed up in this thread, or should we sign up for the lottery? Just want to be sure I understand your post in your Knives Available for Sale thread, as you have one of these available for sale.

Are you still making these knives for those of us who signed up in this thread, or should we sign up for the lottery? Just want to be sure I understand your post in your Knives Available for Sale thread, as you have one of these available for sale.

I committed to ready-made honesuki, so yes, I will be making them. However, those were not prepaid, so on a priority scale they are not in the front. Also, at the time, these were offered as wa version. There will be an option to upgrade to a western handle, but I would have to charge a extra for it, as it is more work. Orders that were prepaid, I offer a free upgrade.

The stock knives in For Sale thread will be offered through lottery system only. If you win, you won't be eligible to participate in other drawings in For Sale thread for one month, but it doesn't affect your place on Ready-made list or Custom Orders list, Or Lottery Knives List.

Sorry for the confusion. I am trying to keep Stock Knives and Lottery Knives separate, as the latter I will not make smaller than 240mm and will try to stick to making types that I don't often make.

Hope this makes sense.

Marko

Back